Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
"movie Boat Problems" >

"movie Boat Problems"

Notices

"movie Boat Problems"

Old 08-13-2002, 04:39 PM
longshaft

Exclamation "movie Boat Problems"

YOU KNOW SOMETHIN FELLAS,THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY,AND THIS IS ONE THEM. I GUESS "FULL THROTTLE"NEVER SAW THE BOAT IN THE CONDITION IT WAS IN BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT;I GUESS HE NEVER DROVE THE BOAT BEFORE HE BOUGHT IT:I GUESS FOUNTAIN DIDN'T REFURBISH THE BOAT AS THEY PROMISED TO,BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULDN'T ACCEPT DELIVERY AND PAY FOR A BOAT THEY WEREN'T HAPPY WITH;I GUESS THAT FOUNTAIN AND HIS DEALER AREN'T STANDING BEHIND THE BOAT EITHER,BECAUSE THEY HAVE ONLY TOOK THE BOAT BACK TO THE FACTORY TWICE TRYING TO KEEP FULL THROTTLE HAPPY,AND ALSO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO SEND THE BOAT TO LAKE X WHERE ONLY THE BEST MECHANICS THERE ARE TO STRAIGHTEN OUT THE DRIVETRAIN,TOTALLY BEING PAID FOR BY FOUNTAIN............SO THE SAGA GOES ON. MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT "THE MOVIE BOAT" THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO "HHMMMMMMMMMMMMM! AND LAST,BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST,I GUESS FULL THROTTLE HAD NO IDEA WHATSOEVER THAT THE BOAT HAD BEEN USED IN A MOVIE. I GUESS WHEN THE GUYS AT FOUNTAIN TOLD HIM THAT HE HAD A CASE OF TEMPORARY DEAFNESS.

Last edited by longshaft; 08-13-2002 at 05:37 PM.

Old 08-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

MY ANSWER IS-- If the boat was new or slightly used with full warrenty--- WHY IN THE HELL WAS IT DELIVERED IN THE CONDITION IT WAS IN . DON'T BLAME THE BUYER-- BLAME THE SELLER. I DON'T CARE WHAT BRAND IT IS. IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD IN THE SHAPE IT WAS IN.
AND FOUNTAIN MUST BE A VERY POOR COMPANY - OR WHY WOULD THEIR BE ALL THESE PROBLEMS WITH ALL THEIR BOATS.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Longshaft,
Welcome to the board! I agree there are two sides to every story. I'm not sure who you are and where you got your facts. I have been listening to the horror story Fullthrottle has been telling us. If you buy a new boat you should get a WORKING boat. There is nothing perfect in this world but when you pay the prices we pay for are exotic toys they should be damn close.

My boat wasn't perfect from the factory. I had water pressure issues that I didn't understand when I purchased it. I spent a bunch of money this past winter correcting my problems. To me Fountain was the Ferrari of boats. I bought all of the advertising hook line and sinker. I still feel let down by the factory. Marty Bosenger, at Fountain, was the only one who offered suggestions to fix my problems. In case you never saw my posts on water pressure. My pressure would drop to 11 lbs. at wot. All the drives were sucking was air. I added stock bravo low water pickups. The pressure was a rock solid 45lbs. at wot. Mercury didn't find this to be a problem because I wasn't overheating. Fountain said Merc didn't see anything wrong with the high water pressure. All I can say is Reggie and Fountain have disappointed me greatly. He builds a hell of a solid boat. But unfortunately the customer still has to sweat the small details.

If you have more to add to this story I would love to hear it. But unless Fullthrottle agreed to an as-is boat he is entitled to a great running boat like Fountain advertises.

Sorry for running on.
Dan

Last edited by candyman35; 08-14-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

I agree with Candyman. I met Marty today and he couldn't have been more helpfull with questions I had. He introduced me to Reggie who was freindly but all business, which he should be running the company.
They invited me out on a shakedown run in their new 48. I'll tell you Reggie was very involved at looking over every detail and having Marty and some others write up a list of fix its. The boat was promoted as a 65mph boat, it went 63 on gps. Reggie gave them a list of things to check so they could run it again until it ran 65. I've got to say he was serious about having the boat right before delivering it. On the way back to the lift he noticed the depth meter showing 18ft he said we were in 6 -7 ft of water, fix it.
I'm sure I'd be upset if I spent the money Full Throttle did and wasn't happy with the product, just seemed like the folks at the factory were serious about the boats they sell.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Registered

Mate 229,
What were you doing up at the Factory? Was Reggie trying to get you to upgrade?
Dan
Old 08-15-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Default wow good news on cust service,I'll try again

Its nice to see some actual customer service, I have a
problem with my new boat, I sent a letter and photos.
Did several follow up calls and was completely ignored.
Decided to not let it ruin my boating season. It's been
a couple of months, maybe better luck this time.
I will post results either way...J.C.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well on the brighter side of things. I ordered my boat with a one inch raised x dimension and for some reason they forgot to raise it at the factory. But I must say they came through and made it right by sending me a new set of two inch shortie sport master lowers. So, I guess the moral of the story is that not all experienes with the factory are bad.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Banned

You know, I read Longshafts rant. He's the one that should write the script. I agree. Call it a horror story. The Lake X guy's gave me back 90lbs of bent metal that was installed in my boat. IThey also said they never seen some of the parts bent so bad. So pack in the horror movie script and change channels to court TV.

Fountain "Jeff Harris" did pay for the parts including a prop shaft upgrade I wanted. Thanks Jeff. I didn't mind buying new props. But I really am happy for once about my drives. One problem gone 38 left to address. Court TV Longshaft appears to be working
Old 08-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Registered

Candyman,
I have a salesman who lives in Greenville NC which is about 15 mi from the factory. So I scheduled a couple days of joint calls with him ending up in Washington, imagine that. I was only planning on picking up some Fountain shirts and hats. I asked the girl running the store if I could talk to someone about setup and running of the boat since I only had it a couple weeks. She called Marty who spent some time and made suggestions on props and trim, turning etc. Then Reggie came out and offered a ride on the 48. It was fun watching him put that big boat through the paces. Increadible turning radius and on plane in 5 seconds.
Oh yeah and Marty did make a push to move up to a 29. The 48 is way out of my league.

Quick Reply: "movie Boat Problems"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.