33/35 ride quality? >

33/35 ride quality?

Notices

33/35 ride quality?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
Ron before you tell me to go spend time in a fountain remember that i rigged a 33 and a 35 and spent plenty of time behind the wheel of them.. first hand experiance here buddy not some guy spouting off about how good he heard something rode or drove. so i feel im entitled to compare them between the ride of all 3 of MY pantera boats. 2 singles and a twin big block. see you have a step hull 38 which is a whole different ball game. so where is your seat time and experiance in a non step hull 33 or 35 fountain?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]521725[/ATTACH]
I have more than enough seat time in both 33, 35, and single step 35. I like my 38 better, but the 33/35 fountain is no joke. Comparing it to a 28 pantera is laughable at best.

But see, you have a love for Don's heritage, which is fine. I have a love for RF.

You like stable, secure boats that need 2000hp to break 100.

I like a boat that is safe, but not so wet that it needs crazy power (and fuel) to go fast.

I agree that a 38 gun is a great beginner boat. No matter the trim or tab settings it will ride wet and do things in slow motion, perfect for the novice boater. When you get enough stick time move up to something a little faster that requires slightly more driver attention

Hahaha

love ya Tim! Boating in a month, see you soon
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

hey ron i hear rumors about a early run in buffalo this year! end of june. you guys gonna come out? you can follow me to the beach if it gets windy lol
Old 04-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
are you suggesting they are comparable in ride quality? 28 Pantera in any configuration vs 33/35 Fountain

by far no the single engine boat would not hold a candle to the fountain in terms of speed. power for power a twin would. you gotta remember the OP is coming out of a 90mph 28 saber... a wave crushing 90 mph machine. tell me if he is gonna be impressed with a smaller cockpit and cabin, slower 33 or 35 fountain
Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only comment on boats that I've actually been on, I've never been on a 28 Saber, but are they not very similar in size/performance as a 28 Pantera? or are they that much bigger/better?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
hey ron i hear rumors about a early run in buffalo this year! end of june. you guys gonna come out? you can follow me to the beach if it gets windy lol
Hmm. I believe I beat you to the beach last year

June is tough for us, abay and other crap
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Gonna miss these types of threads once the weather breaks ! So much "good" information..............................

I need to start a thread determining if anyone is interested in buying my 35.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
You have biased hate for Fountians, try looking straight on.

And no I am not saying that, but I know 35 is 35 ft whether it is made up with platform, beak, whatever, it's still 35 ft. You act like it is a conspiracy? I believe the one he is considering is a 10 meter 33 anyway, you won't be able to use the molded swim platform joke on him.

The 28 pantera is offered with a single. A single wouldn't even get a 33/35 fountain on plane. It's a bigger boat dude.

Who makes a performance boat with a molded swim platform after 1994 that doesn't count it in loa?

Boats that also have/ count platforms

OL, hustler, nor tech, power quest, sunsation, black thunder, scarab, formula, donzi, sonic, etc.

Performance should be the discussion, not how a 35 looks next to a pantera from a rear angle camera shot. Spend some time in one with a competent pilot and enjoy a great hull from a legend. The proof is in the performance, and overall it is hard to beat.

OP - go a head and purchase it, just because your buff buddies don't think you should. You can buy what they want you to buy and always wonder what if, or you can buy the fountain and you want and show them what's up be prepared to be hated haha.
A 50 Nortech doesn't count the swim platform, if they counted the platform it makes the boat a 53.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
A 50 Nortech doesn't count the swim platform, if they counted the platform it makes the boat a 53.
Once you get to 50..... Doesn't really matter anymore!!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I'm biased, but let me giv it a shot. I assume you boat on Erie?

My comments are all geared towards older boats

There are boats in this size range that are heavier, and may have a slight advantage in the real rough. However, those boats sacrifice a lot of speed vs the fountain for that wet heavy ride.

IMO fountain is a perfect balance between safe and fast. And for nearly all the conditions that you would consider pleasure boating in it will have a speed advantage over boats from the same era. People that own other brands will say things like "ya, my boat only does 60 but it will do 60 in 6 ft waves" blah blah blah. I hear this all the time, but I have never seen it on a boat that is of comparable size. Tabs down, a beak will take the waves with the best of them, and walk most of them with the same or less power.

The down side to a fountain is room, both cabin and cockpit. The other downside is you become a target to everyone, hahah.

Look up Kelly O on oso (holy cow boat) he has a 35 with #6 drives that is 110+. I am sure he would take you for a demo ride. He lives in western NY, and is a good dude that loves to talk boats.
I usually agree with you but not today. In every day conditions over here your boat is not a 100mph boat and either is mine. We're both gonna run about eighty depending on water conditions and maybe faster if you got big balls. Some people buy certain boats that they feel comfortable for there water conditions. I'm not gonna get into fountain this or cigarette that, but if you bring your boat over here you will never go a hundred and other boats may surprise you. Your river running and inland lake speed doesn't mean ****t to me
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Gonna miss these types of threads once the weather breaks ! So much "good" information..............................

I need to start a thread determining if anyone is interested in buying my 35.
What's next?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.