cabin/cockpit difference in a 35 or 38 >

cabin/cockpit difference in a 35 or 38

Notices

cabin/cockpit difference in a 35 or 38

Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by halfgassed
We have a older 38 fever, upgraded from a 26 nova when our son was born. The 38 fever has a much larger cockpit that the 35/38 lightings. I had thought about upgrading to a mid 90's stagerred42 lightning , even my wife had noticed how much more cramped the cockpit was compared to out 38 fever. The walk around would be nice, but we really like the space. I can jump over the fairing, my wife chooses to pop through the hatch for docking. Our son who is now 6 yrs old can still sleep on the couch/settee.
The extra width in the fever is nice, but like you said so is the walk around on the lightning. Two people can cross in between the bolsters in a fever, not an option in a lighting. However the lightning bottom is far superior. The fever also has more room front to back in the cockpit, because a semi stag set up was never and option

There are a few early 2000 lightning bottoms with fever tops on the market, slick set up with the best of both worlds and the added head room of the later models vs the older fevers.

Last edited by 4bus; 04-16-2014 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

A staggered or short stagger 38 Lightning cockpit will be real close to that of the side by side 35 Lightning. Cabin space of the 38 is noticeably larger than that of the 35, as noted above. If you are talking the '07 and newer 35 staggered boats the cockpit as well as the cabin is tight compared to either of the above boats. If you throw the 35 EX single step into this mix it will fit in with the 35 Lightning side by side boats, lower profile will show in the cabin head room but other than that they are real close.

If cockpit space is the big deal then look for an older 38 Fever.

Now that we have you thoroughly confused, just take some road trips and look at all of them, plusses and minuses to each model, not a bad one in the bunch IMO!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everybody for the input. I have been looking and there seems to be a lot of 35's out there. The 38's are out there just not as many. I hope to sell my boat soon so when I do find one I can make the move.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Send me a message if you are interested in a real clean 38. with 575's chillers 100mph safe reliable boat. I am thinking about changing things up.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

More headroom and larger cabin in 38. 35 has standard refrigerator and vacuflush (SP?) head. Wife and looked at both 35 and 38. The 38 also had a sink in the enclosed head. The semi staggered engines in the 38 looked easier to work on. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Registered

We'll I sold the 27 yesterday, contingent on a survey. Which I am about a 100% sure there will be no problems. I have my eye on a 2000 38 fever that KEITER has for sale on here. Hopefully everything will play out and I can make it down there in the next couple weeks. Summer is coming !!! Thanks for all the info