Thinking about getting 29 fever >

Thinking about getting 29 fever

Notices

Thinking about getting 29 fever

Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM
TGM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My old company truxks was an ecoboost and pulled it fine. Almost as good as my Powerstoke, but it was loaded down that ecoboost weighed in at about 8300pds.
Attached Thumbnails Thinking about getting 29 fever-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

I bought a dealer demo with 22 hours. I had a survey completed that came back as expected with it being practically brand new. After taking it out a couple of times I noticed water in the bilge each time. Come to find out the factory did a poor job of sealing the drain plugs. They only sealed around the outside of the housing rather than sealing around the inside of the housing as we'll as the outside. No water since. Great purchase, the stock 525 is faster than the 27 and 29 with twins with a bit more room. Also better resale. Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the 29's! One of those with a 700/6 setup would be the bee's knees. Is that possible?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by diesel30
I have been thinking of picking up a 29 fever and had a few questions. I assume I'll have little trouble towing this with a 2014 supercrew ecoboost right? Also, what's everyone's thoughts on a 29 with twin 454's? Anything to look for? Thanks in advance.
I have a 98 29 w/454s. I like the boat it was a fresh water boat that was very well taken care of and had just over 300 hours. The reason I went with a 29/454 is for several reasons. I can store the rig in the garage at home and trailer it to the ramp with ease even in some smaller ramps around my area. If I went with a 35 or larger there are only one or two ramps big enough close by. But I also tow this boat to "runs" up and down the coast. As for the 454s, Well I just think your starting with a proven engine that I have little to no issues with in some of my other toys. As for what to look for... How clean is it, Was it taken care of? Rusty areas on the engines that may tell of leaks? Spider cracks around the hatch area, Condition of the upholstery. Are the outdrives are they still glossy and clean telling you if it was stored in the water or run a lot in salt water. But like someone else on here stated really no more or no less than you would with any other boat. And is the boat worth what they are asking? One thing I think people over look is the trailer. I have had more issues with my Myco than the boat. i.e. brakes, tires, bearings and keeping that damn left side trailer lights working correctly. I have no regrets what so ever buying my 29.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:46 AM
Registered

Got a 27 and a 32. My 1500 sierra crew pulls the 27 great but can still move the 32. Depends on how far and how often, wouldn't use a half ton on the 32 for anything other than short and local. Selling the 32 also,,, don't need two performance boats. wanna keep 27 and buy a 34 sundancer
Old 01-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are going back and trying to reseal, don't use 5200, it's a bonding sealer and is messy as hell and will run badly on vertical surfaces, use a good grade 100% silocone sealer and once dry you are good to go...not if you want to bond parts together and never want to come apart 5200 is the stuff...