spark plug change time any tricks >

spark plug change time any tricks

Notices

spark plug change time any tricks

Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

The stiff fuel line is one of the best helpers for removing and installing after the plugs are loosen - we also use cut down lengths spark plug sockets along with making them a pass thru by drilling them out fully. We use this with a pass thru ratchet and sometimes use the correct pass thru socket as well.

Also we use a motorcycle T-handle spark plug wrench that swivels in all full directions. We tape the swivel portion if we need it not to swivel as much.

If you do not know what they are just google motorcycle swivel T - handle spark plug wrench or if some can post a pic, I can say that's it. They are very cheap in price.

These tools will cut your time in over half plus it is wise to get different size spark plug boot pullers or the one to fit your app for clearance purposes.

Also we buy those work out mats ( the ones that lay on the floor for sit ups) and lay them over the engine(s) to lay on top of for better access. We cut the mats to size if needed.

Last edited by BUP; 05-27-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy to hand you stuff and drink your beer is a must because you don't want to have to get it yourself, some of the positions you have to get in you don't want to get out of till your finished.

Your girlfriend or wife will not work for this, trust me!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
The stiff fuel line is one of the best helpers for removing and installing after the plugs are loosen - we also use cut down lengths spark plug sockets along with making them a pass thru by drilling them out fully. We use this with a pass thru ratchet and sometimes use the correct pass thru socket as well.

Also we use a motorcycle T-handle spark plug wrench that swivels in all full directions. We tape the swivel portion if we need it not to swivel as much.

If you do not know what they are just google motorcycle swivel T - handle spark plug wrench or if some can post a pic, I can say that's it. They are very cheap in price.

These tools will cut your time in over half plus it is wise to get different size spark plug boot pullers or the one to fit your app for clearance purposes.

Also we buy those work out mats ( the ones that lay on the floor for sit ups) and lay them over the engine(s) to lay on top of for better access. We cut the mats to size if needed.
Motorcycle spark plug tools: [ATTACH=CONFIG]523917[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spark plug change time any tricks-img_20140528_114340_836.jpg  
Old 05-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Bama
some of the positions you have to get in you don't want to get out of till your finished.
Sums it up.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:35 AM
BUP
Banned

Voodoo those to but not the exact ones I was talking about in post 13. I'll try to find a link to them. I have no clue how to post pics up here. When it comes to computers, I am still learning at the school of hard knocks.

Last edited by BUP; 05-28-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:43 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,317 Likes on 1,483 Posts

These:

Old 05-28-2014, 12:28 PM
BUP
Banned

SB thanks and that is the exact one I am talking about plus make sure its a thin wall style - the socket portion. If you ever worked on Ford marine engines, you are going to wish that you had this wrench. They work great for all marine apps. We also have the same one with the spring and one without. FYI

Last edited by BUP; 05-28-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Will that even fit between the motors for the inside plugs? Or even between the outside port motor and water tank?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 05-28-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:51 PM
BUP
Banned

have this style as well, give it a try and you tell us if it works for your app. Sounds like no one up here has ever tried this motorcycle swivel T- handle spark plug wrench. Click on link below, the pic might help anyone to give you the answer if it will work for your app. I am not saying we use this for ever app but it sure is a great tool to have.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilmar-W1129C-...J3HZM2PGZ2HDYN