32 Fever Exhaust Question >

32 Fever Exhaust Question

Notices

32 Fever Exhaust Question

Old 07-12-2014, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 Fever Exhaust Question

Im having new motors put in my 32 Fever. When I took off all of my silent choice Y pipes and tips. I got to looking at were the tips come out under my swim platform. My platform has a cut up about 12 inchs before it gets to the transom. My exhaust whole are drilled up high in the transom and the tips come out up inside of that cut out. Thus my exhaust was burning my swim paltform. I wanted to put air accuated external mufflers on the outside instead of the silent choice junk on the inside. This cant happen because of where my holes come out under the swim paltform. I hope I got this worded so that someone can understand what im talking about because im wondering if all the 32s are just like this too. In put please guys????
Old 07-12-2014, 04:32 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Mines not even stepped & its up in a recessed part of the swim deck. Water should never get hot enough to burn the swim deck anyhow!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I just finished up a 2001 32 with carb. 500's . when I measured it for tails the ex. holes in the transom were already lower than standard bravo location , (although that was hard to figure considering the angle they were at), at least according to what I was given. And they were right at the top of the transom, the rings around the tips had to be flattened down to nothing to clear on top . and the tips were angled down about 10 degrees. I measured 80 degrees to the transom. The Hole centers were about 12" from the crank centerline. (I just hope they fit when they get here or I'll have to go hide somewhere.) the factory Gil exhaust with the built in silent choice riser didn't seem to have the extra angle built in and the hose made up for it where it hooked to the tip. the transom holes were actually drilled at that downward angle . I'm not sure if they are all this way.. this boat had the big (1 1/2" ) step. yours may be different... on my '93 the exhaust comes out at 90 degrees to the transom and the tips clear the bottom of the platform just barely. there's not much room in a 32 that's for sure, and getting exhaust to fit anything is tricky stuff ! I don't know if any of this helps but I was bored this morning ! Can't wait to hear how she runs with the new power Lucky !
Old 07-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Mines not even stepped & its up in a recessed part of the swim deck. Water should never get hot enough to burn the swim deck anyhow!
Thank You JMoore. Maybe burn wasn't the right word to us. They weren't actually melting anything type of deal. However the stains from the exhaust isn't coming off. I appreciate your input on this subject.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Registered

We gotstellings dry headers 4.5 tails with drew shootguns on the end works great
Old 07-12-2014, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Langston
I just finished up a 2001 32 with carb. 500's . when I measured it for tails the ex. holes in the transom were already lower than standard bravo location , (although that was hard to figure considering the angle they were at), at least according to what I was given. And they were right at the top of the transom, the rings around the tips had to be flattened down to nothing to clear on top . and the tips were angled down about 10 degrees. I measured 80 degrees to the transom. The Hole centers were about 12" from the crank centerline. (I just hope they fit when they get here or I'll have to go hide somewhere.) the factory Gil exhaust with the built in silent choice riser didn't seem to have the extra angle built in and the hose made up for it where it hooked to the tip. the transom holes were actually drilled at that downward angle . I'm not sure if they are all this way.. this boat had the big (1 1/2" ) step. yours may be different... on my '93 the exhaust comes out at 90 degrees to the transom and the tips clear the bottom of the platform just barely. there's not much room in a 32 that's for sure, and getting exhaust to fit anything is tricky stuff ! I don't know if any of this helps but I was bored this morning ! Can't wait to hear how she runs with the new power Lucky !
Langston I appreciate your input. My exhaust rings were flatted out on the top as well. Potter did all the measurements on mine. He did tell me that he was changing the angle to more downward and making my holes bigger then they are right now. He said that Stainless Marine is making rings for the inside and the outside of my transom. I will let you know how my motors turn out. Hopefully soon. Its been a hell of a long process and I'm dieing for it to be over so I can have my boat back.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
Langston I appreciate your input. My exhaust rings were flatted out on the top as well. Potter did all the measurements on mine. He did tell me that he was changing the angle to more downward and making my holes bigger then they are right now. He said that Stainless Marine is making rings for the inside and the outside of my transom. I will let you know how my motors turn out. Hopefully soon. Its been a hell of a long process and I'm dieing for it to be over so I can have my boat back.
Lucky,

If you can take real good pictures of your pipes when done. We are changing mine as well, chucking the silent choice.

Also do you mind tell me how much they are charging you for the tails?

As for yours taking a long time, you don't even want to know how longs it's been since mine has been in the water. But just let me say it's still a freash water only boat!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Lucky,

If you can take real good pictures of your pipes when done. We are changing mine as well, chucking the silent choice.

Also do you mind tell me how much they are charging you for the tails?

As for yours taking a long time, you don't even want to know how longs it's been since mine has been in the water. But just let me say it's still a freash water only boat!
Wildman Ill take all the picture you want me too take. I will try to get all the measurement's and angles for you too if you want me too. No problem. As for the price of the tails Ill ask Ron how much they were. The reason I don't know is the manifolds and tails were included in the price of my build along with all installations of everything. Ron will tell me what it was though. Your going with Stainless Marine as well?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

My headers are CMI's not sure who we will have make the tails yet.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
My headers are CMI's not sure who we will have make the tails yet.
See how mine turn out. I would think that Stainless Marine would be good as anyone. Either way Ill get all the info for you. At least the measurements they used on mine anyhow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.