Fountain Cockpit Carpet Mildew Smell

Notices

Fountain Cockpit Carpet Mildew Smell

Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Cockpit Carpet Mildew Smell

Alright guys I have a 2004 27 Fountain.

When I purchased it I noticed the carpet smelled a little like Mildew. I have tried everything I can to try to remove this smell does anyone have any ideas. The carpet is in great shape hate to buy a new one cause it stinks. When I clean it it gets better for a minute but the smell is still there and comes back. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
Old 09-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I cleaned mine for about an hour in the morning at the car wash scrubbing with strong clothes soap solution from a bucket doing both sides. Then a thorough rinse then hang and let dry all day in the sun. It worked for almost two seasons. Time to do again.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I just bought new carpet for that reason. To me it smells like dirty feet, and I couldn't stand it.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
I just bought new carpet for that reason. To me it smells like dirty feet, and I couldn't stand it.
It just won't go away. tried the pressure washer with all kinds of different soap. Nothing is working so far.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you try a strong solution of Baking Soda -- get it good and wet with the solution - let it soak for a while and then rinse off and let dry in the sun. Baking Soda can eliminate most smells. In fact you could we the carpet down and sprinkle the Baking Soda all over it.

3pointstar
Old 09-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Rent a Commercial Ozone Ionizer and run it for 24hrs. I use one every time some Dirt Bag moves out of one of my rentals. If it can naturalize the smell of the low life's that destroy my rentals,, it will rid the dirty feet smell too....
Old 09-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Steam cleaner works wonders too! But def gotta let it bake in the sun, the sun kills bacteria causing the smell. Using laundry soap in the steam cleaner will usually get it done the first time!
Old 09-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by monkfunk
Rent a Commercial Ozone Ionizer and run it for 24hrs. I use one every time some Dirt Bag moves out of one of my rentals. If it can naturalize the smell of the low life's that destroy my rentals,, it will rid the dirty feet smell too....
You are the 2nd person to tell me this. I think I am gonna give it a shot be fore I order new carpet. Tried the steam cleaner didn't work.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

steam cleaner should get it out, call stanley or rent one. Otherwise try the baking soda, scrub with simple green etc.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

Thanks guys I am getting an ionizer tomorrow and doing the baking soda scrub.

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.