exhaust manifolds on a 32 fountain >

exhaust manifolds on a 32 fountain

Notices

exhaust manifolds on a 32 fountain

Old 10-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust manifolds on a 32 fountain

Engine bay is pretty tight and much not room between the two motors. Would CMI's or stellings fit on the 540's I got for the boat or will I have to go with gills or stainless marines?

Thanks,

intimd8
Old 10-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Registered

Do not do tube headers .
Old 10-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Yup got 588s tall decks dry exhaust stelling can fit my fist between the headers lots of room but headsets are custom fit!!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Registered

Blue magic, would you happen to have any pics?

thanks
Old 10-25-2014, 04:56 AM
Registered

i am not familiar with posting pics, however there are pics of the headers on the fountain forum in previous posts. Randy at stellings built us a custom set of dry Big tube headers. They fit perfectly. there is an easy 5 inches between the motors which makes spark plug changes and everything else under there much more accessible. However, mufflers are a must. If your planning on building big power i would recommend dry exhaust,. radical cams along with the low stance of a 32 can cause reversion around the docks. Bottom line is you get for what you pay for. Randy and stellings know how to make exhaust into a work of art. apples to oranges when compared to production header companies.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLUEMAGIC
i am not familiar with posting pics, however there are pics of the headers on the fountain forum in previous posts. Randy at stellings built us a custom set of dry Big tube headers. They fit perfectly. there is an easy 5 inches between the motors which makes spark plug changes and everything else under there much more accessible. However, mufflers are a must. If your planning on building big power i would recommend dry exhaust,. radical cams along with the low stance of a 32 can cause reversion around the docks. Bottom line is you get for what you pay for. Randy and stellings know how to make exhaust into a work of art. apples to oranges when compared to production header companies.

I found a good deal on a pair of used stellings so I can't really modify. I could probably do the tail end of them but I'm just worried about the space between the two motors. Motors sent overally aggressive so I'm not too concerned but I would like some of those for peromance reasons. I've removed the y pipes so I'm just going straight through the transom. No silent choice.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 AM
Registered

if they werent made for your boat or motors i would stay away from them these headers were custom fit big money stay with manifolds get them on use the boat
Old 10-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Old 11-01-2014, 04:02 AM
Registered

Thanks for the pics. Were those custom built?
Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

GALLONSPERMILE, are those 500 efi long blocks with the whipples? what rpm are you turning to get that mph? do you have factory lowers and running xr's? where do you like to run your water temp at and water pressure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.