Notices

The Beak

Old 10-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
The beak is something that will always make a Fountain stand out from the others. It is a distinctive look and makes it so there's never a doubt what kind of boat it is. Whether you like it or not, there will never be a person who mistakes a Fountain for any other boat. There are a lot of other boats out there that have very similar styling but the Fountain always looks unique. Just my $.02

Well said!!

Having been on here for years, being a solid Fountain owner as well, what I have seen over the years is that the Fountain haters just can't give up a chance to bust on the boats. More often than not those that bust on the brand are the ones with the wannabe craft, having had their azz handed to them on the water by one, or just can not step up and put down the jack to own one.

The Beak is the Beak!!! You don't like the f'n thing then go F'n buy something else!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well said!!

Having been on here for years, being a solid Fountain owner as well, what I have seen over the years is that the Fountain haters just can't give up a chance to bust on the boats. More often than not those that bust on the brand are the ones with the wannabe craft, having had their azz handed to them on the water by one, or just can not step up and put down the jack to own one.

The Beak is the Beak!!! You don't like the f'n thing then go F'n buy something else!!!
Well said!!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well said!!

Yes indeed! It also gives a great look to the boat on aerial shots.

SO, the beak:
1- Looks cool.
2- Deflects spray.
3- Gives a little bow lift.
4- Resists stuffing.
5- Makes the boat instantly recognizable.
6- Makes the boat a little longer? Maybe not given post #26.
7- And, it looks cool. Everybody knows that.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Gold Member

Well said!!

2nd that.well said.beaks rule.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Registered

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531694[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by bcfountain
2nd that.well said.beaks rule.
Yes they do!! Love the Beak!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Beak-boat-havasu-040.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

1986 beak still holds its own!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]531739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]531740[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails The Beak-image.jpg   The Beak-image.jpg  
Old 10-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

I dig that second pic! The boat looks like its running Stout.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:08 AM
Registered

i love the old school beaks. a looong beak in the horizon. love the proportions. this was before they started to introduce the cab forward look on fountains, were the windshield is in the center of the boat
Old 10-30-2014, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I dig that second pic! The boat looks like its running Stout.
I was running with my buddies 89 38tg cruising about 55. We always race back after a long day of boating to the marine. I just stay next to him until the last mile. Loser buys at local watering hole. I've never had to open my wallet.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

OK, the real reason for the beak. The other boat builder has #1 painted or stickered all over the boat to identify it plus embroidered into every pad and cushion. Reggie decided the beak is a simpler way to identify the boat and doesn't need to be replaced/repainted every couple years.
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.