Fountain warning lights and alarms >

Fountain warning lights and alarms

Notices

Fountain warning lights and alarms

Old 04-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fountain warning lights and alarms

So I just rebuilt everything on my 35. From motors to drives all new. So I figure to protect my investments I would look into why my alarms are not sounding with the key in the on position but the warning lights would go on. Well after taking the helm apart I found old owner cut the alarm wires. I guess the noise was hurting his time on the water while killing the motors.( dumb ass). But as I was digging deeper I noticed that the port warning light was twined with the starboard side.. So I looked it up in the fountain wiring diagram and it was wired that way from the factory. So I guess my question to fellow fountain owners why would anyone put 2) warning light in a dash clearly market port and starboard and just twin them together . Makes no sense to me. How would you know where the trouble is. And why 2) lights. So my answer is cut it all out and start over. This way I know what motor I'm having a problem with right away. Anyone else do the same?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Registered

Lights because the alarm gets your attention and the light helps diagnose.

I don't understand why they'd be wired common, but wiring schematics are not always the easiest to digest. Perhaps you missed a detail?
Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cole2534
Lights because the alarm gets your attention and the light helps diagnose.

I don't understand why they'd be wired common, but wiring schematics are not always the easiest to digest. Perhaps you missed a detail?
Not at all . You can look on the fountain web sight and look yourself. It's right there. I understand the lights and alarms but why would you twin two lights together .
Old 04-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

You can see where it says "engine lights" clearly it shows them tied together
Old 04-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I 'fixed' mine. Didn't like both lites lit up, and trying to see which motor had died, while trying to dock. The indicator lights are now totally independent of each other as they should, yet the alarm still sounds when either motor dies. A simple fix with a couple diodes.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I 'fixed' mine. Didn't like both lites lit up, and trying to see which motor had died, while trying to dock. The indicator lights are now totally independent of each other as they should, yet the alarm still sounds when either motor dies. A simple fix with a couple diodes.
Already on it
Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is wired the same way. If an issue shows up, both lights come on. Maybe the benefit is twice the notification for a single problem? If the boat is over trimmed and hitting the limiters it may be for difficult to see one light or hear one buzzer? Probably just easier for the factory this way though Good question because I thought mine was messed up.