Erratic Livorsi Depth Finder >

Erratic Livorsi Depth Finder

Notices

Erratic Livorsi Depth Finder

Old 05-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratic Livorsi Depth Finder

I have a 2008 29' and my Livorsi depth finder is erratic. Any thoughts? Where is the transducer located? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

HI - My transducer is mounted under the boat - yes a hole thru the hull -- all fiber glassed in etc.,-- never had a problem.

You may want to check the connections. both at the transducer and the gage/display. As a trick for my set-up. I hold my camera into the bilge and take some pictures - you can blow them up and see stuffs you may not have realized are there. Being the anal person - that's how I make sure the bilge is clean at the end of the year.

As a side bar - my horn wasn't making much noise -- I was ready to replace it. I can't directly see the horn so I put the camera in the area and snapped a number of pictures to get make and model -- turned out that the connections to the horn looked a little corroded -- cleaned them off and it works perfect -- Now if the boats can just get out of my way!!!!!

Hope this helps a little

3pointstar
Old 05-05-2015, 03:07 AM
Registered

I have a 2001 27 Fever and had to replace my depth finder and transducer last year. My transducer was located under the step leading into the cuddy that opens up into a storage compartment. Open up the compartment (if yours has this) and on the port side you will see a round plastic cap about 4 inches in diameter. Pop the cap off and inside is where the transducer should be located. You will not be able to see it but you should be able to get your hand in there to find it.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

If your transducer is mounted forward in the hull it probably will not work since that part of the hull is not in constant contact with water when the boat is on plane. If it is mounted aft and behind the step the water will be aireated and again the transducer won't work when on plane.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:51 PM
Registered

Thanks 01 and Interceptor. Time to trouble shoot.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

erratic ar idle/no wake speeds or at speed?? If at speed, by the time is shows shallow you have probably already bought new props.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Registered

Phrag it's happens at both. Luckily I boat where I know the water, but looking to take it different places this year and concerned as you described. Irritating because the boat only has 40 some hours on it. Hoping it's a loose or corrosion issue.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took mine for the first voyage of the year this past Friday afternoon. I noticed my depth gauge was flashing half a foot deep and would not register an actual depth. I found mine under the step going into the cabin where the front bilge pump is. Like it was stated before there is a small white cover on the port side of the compartment. I opened mine up and the transducer has popped out of the epoxy. Looks like I'll have to double check that it will still actually work and then re-apoxy, or maybe just try clear silicone.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Registered

29Fever, what did you end up doing to seal your transducer to the hull? I found mine also lost its bond to the hull. I want to avoid epoxy so I don't damage the transducer. I was thinking of using some type of sealant around the circumference of the transducer. Thanks Chris.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.airmartechnology.com/uplo.../17-217-01.pdf check out testing transducer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.