Low water pressure and running warm >

Low water pressure and running warm

Notices

Low water pressure and running warm

Old 06-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If stat was stuck open, he wouldn't be running hotter.
It'd take longer heat up.

Running hot, lower pressure than norm. Restricted/lack of flow will cause both of those conditions
Old 06-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced housing and impeller and put it in water on the trailer. pressure is a little better but still about half of what the other motor is running
Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please re read the post .. it clearly will stay open if its above opening point and will not close till it cools down , so if its not getting water it will stay open till it gets water as i stated ,,,and while its open youre water pressure will likely be lower due to no restriction ,, and if theres little water flowing it wont take long to heat up open or closed ,, lol

Last edited by ROB FREEMAN; 06-10-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
please re read the post .. it clearly will stay open if its above opening point and will not close till it cools down , so if its not getting water it will stay open till it gets water as i stated ,,,and while its open youre water pressure will likely be lower due to no restriction ,, and if theres little water flowing it wont take long to heat up open or closed ,, lol
It's been back and forth if that will cause a problem so you're suggesting a thermostat?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Registered

take youre inlet hose that feeds the block off and start the motor ... see how much water pumps to the block .. only run for a few secs youll know right away if youre moving water .. if you think it could be thermastat .remove it . takes a sec run it see if it over heats , two very simple things you can do to try to narrow youre problem down .. good luck i run no stat in my engines .. but have oil stat to regulate oil temps ..
Old 06-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Registered

I had a similar issue last week with low water pressure and high heat. I pulled the thermostat and replaced it, flushed it, removed the circulator pump and it was fine, raw water pump removed it and rebuilt it, pulled risers etc, etc, After stepping back a day or two I went back and disconnected every hose and flushed them again and I got half of a impellor blade out of a hose that must have been from the previous owner because all of my impellor blades were in tact. Problem solved. It was very frustrating. Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Registered

Ended up having some rocks and trash on the line gong to the cooler on the top of the bellhousing now running 4500 rpm or more its at 35pounds of pressure
Old 06-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 259 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by T_traylor1
Ended up having some rocks and trash on the line gong to the cooler on the top of the bellhousing now running 4500 rpm or more its at 35pounds of pressure
Glad you found the culprit!!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T_traylor1
35 pds is high be carefull
Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Registered

been through this....same motors ....thousands later, so back flush your cooling. Believe me , there is crap inside one or all of your coolers. Also, check your risers. My guess is that they are o.k. as your pressure is low. Mine was opposite , way too high.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.