Fountain to Debut new 29 Fever >

Fountain to Debut new 29 Fever

Notices

Fountain to Debut new 29 Fever

Old 07-31-2015, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain to Debut new 29 Fever

This is from the the Fountain website and I thought you all might find in interesting.

Things are "heating up" as we prepare a re-launch of the ever-popular 29 Fever. We're redesigning the cabin and cockpit and are excited to be able to offer a modernized single-engine boat that will hit 70-75 MPH.

The all new 29 Fever will debut at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show later this year.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 217 Posts

I think they are throwing a hail Mary pass with this hoping to stir interest from someone who might be considering their first sportboat.

Have they actually built any sportboats since Reggie left? Unless you are completely unaware of the brand history, I don't think they'll sell many or any. Especially considering the secondary used market. And, the fact that Reggie has stated that any boats not built under his watch are unworthy.

Good luck.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Registered

I give Reggie all the credit in the world for making great boats. Other than being miffed about what happened to his company, I'm not sure what's changed in the boats for him to say their unworthy. From what I've seen in the boats since he left, their still the same boat. Same design, same motors, etc. The one thing they better change is their fit and finish if they want to be considered a premium boat builder.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean used boats are getting to be hard to find, there is a market for this.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Wouldn't it also need a updated bottom? That design is a bit old.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I see this as good news. I'd also like to see them bring back the Donzi 27 ZR with a few updates. Both are great single engine boats that will run fast and stable with power upgrades. Both have small but usable cabins for a few overnighters per season. I welcome back the Fountain 29. Of course Reggie is not going to endorse new Fountains. He lost the company.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

Personally I think we should cheer every new boat being made. I am not a big Fountain fan but they were/are some nice fast boat and I would hate to see them disappear. The recession has severely damaged the industry and it seems that there are few mid size boats being made and if they are they look more like fishing boats. If they can bring back and sell some 29 Fountains....more power to them!

Padraig
Old 08-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered

The press release indicates cosmetic updates primarily. I can't imagine they have any R&D resources available to touch the bottom. How much more performance can you squeeze out of it anyway? They could possibly reduce weight by using more composites?

The show boat will probably have some cabin and cockpit tweaks, a unique paint job, all electronic dash with DTS controls and a Merc 520 in the bilge. Probably MSRP in the $200k range.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Registered

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what ever happened with the 2016 29' Fever? I've been looking around since the announcement and it seems as though the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show came and went with no new boat, at least that I know of.....
Old 03-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Registered

My guess is the original "press announcement" was an attempt to gauge interest and no one really came forward to take a chance. Not enough cash flowing through that place to justify actually building a "new" model. The drawing they promised never surfaced either.

D.O.A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.