38 Express SSTL Exhaust Mufflers >

38 Express SSTL Exhaust Mufflers

Notices

38 Express SSTL Exhaust Mufflers

Old 02-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 38 Express SSTL Exhaust Mufflers

Posting this as an inquiry. I purchased from a friend who had a 38 Express that did't want these, and wound up selling his boat. They have less than 20 hours, as they were changed out as soon as he purchased the boat new from Fountain. These are the factory SSTL exhaust Mufflers. Do any of you Fountain Owners know who the original manufacturer is? Second, what are these worth if I were to sell them for him?

I purchased them with the intent of installing them on my Formula, but due to having drop down tubes on the inside due to clearance issues, I am not able to use these in my application. So I was curious what they may fetch in the classifieds so that I could post accordingly with a reasonable price.

Thank in advance for any input.

Treads

Last edited by Treads; 02-11-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

I believe they were built in house at fountain.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Registered

yes, built in-house by Fountain. I'm not sure of the market for these. I think I have seen them as low as $100.00/pair, although I'm sure they cost a lot more than that from Fountain. They would probably fit other Fountains than the 38EC, so if you sell them, give complete dimensions, so buyers could verify their fit. I like mine as my boat is quiet in the marina and still has that offshore sound in open waters on plane.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

flat rate and fountainecman, thanks for the replies. I thought they may have been made in house, due to know manufacturer info anywhere on them. If your estimate of $100/pair is close, I don't feel bad with what I paid for them. I may list them and see if they sell for what I paid, if not, may be able to get close to that in scrap stainless price. Need to see what current price per pound is locally.