Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Warning Warning Warning Foutain Powerboats Baja Marine Major Management Issues >

Warning Warning Warning Foutain Powerboats Baja Marine Major Management Issues

Notices

Warning Warning Warning Foutain Powerboats Baja Marine Major Management Issues

Old 02-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warning Warning Warning Foutain Powerboats Baja Marine Major Management Issues

I have had an incredibly horrible experience with Fountain Powerboats and Baja Marine. I ordered a new windscreen back in November from Joanna in parts. I had not yet received it by mid January so I emailed her to find out that she was no longer with the company. I was then put in contact with Karen Greene and she advised me that I would receive it within a few weeks. I received the windscreen late January to find that they had only bubble wrapped it and it had been damaged in shipping. I emailed Karen immediately and she asked for me to send over some pictures of it. Karen verified the pictures and gave the ok for a new one to be produced. She advised me that it would be shipped out February 5th. I waited until the February 19th to contact her thinking that it was being shipped via fright this time. Karen emailed me back the same day stating that it would be shipped out on the Feb 22nd. She then sent a follow up email on February 19th stating that she would need to have me send the damaged one back before they could send out the new one. It had been almost a month before she had notified me that they would require the damaged one back before they would ship out the new windscreen. I had no problem sending the damaged one back but I asked for a discount. Not that unreasonable. Karen did not have the authorization to do it so she put me in contact with Joe Polidore Baja Marines president. THE WORST GUY TO DEAL WITH. He wouldn't give any discount nor would he authorize the new wind screen to be shipped out until they received the damaged one even though I have now waited three months for it and they have my card on file so if the damaged one didn't come back they could always charge me for a new one. While on the phone with him he accused me of being a thief and a liar. He also screamed at me pretty much form the time I asked him for a discount until I had to I had to hang up on him because I couldn't get a word in without him talking over me. I think that Fountain and Baja have some serious management issues and they stem for there president. I will never do business with Fountain or Baja again and I would strongly recommend anyone else not to either. See the emails below to back my story.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:47 PM
Registered

Good afternoon, I spoke with the Manager in Shipping and Receiving and the new windscreen will be shipped once we receive the damaged one from you. I have your windscreen in a crate and ready to ship to you at no charge, however, I do have to have the damaged windscreen back at the factory. If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail me.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Customer Service/Part Sales

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 5:45 PM
To: Karen Greene <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: 38 Fever Windscreen DAMAGE

Karen,
Thanks you for the help. Could you also email me a tracking number for the new windscreen?

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:17:31 +0000

Eric,

Good afternoon, I have received your e-mail and will forward it on to Jimmy Jennett, he is the Manager of Shipping and Receiving and my Manager also for Part Sales. I am going to get you a quote on a new cockpit cover. I have already e-mailed the engineer to see if we make that here for you. Please feel free to call or e-mail me regarding any questions that you may have. I will be in touch about the cockpit cover.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 12:55 PM

Karen,

I can send the damaged one back but can you compensate me for my time, hassle and delay? Also can I get me a quote on a new cockpit cover for my boat?

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: FW: 38 Fever Windscreen DAMAGE
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:20:04 +0000

Eric,

I gave the wrong date for Monday. I am sorry, your order will be shipped Monday 2/21/16.

Thank you,
Karen Greene

Customer Service/ Part Sales

Baja Marine
Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 1:25 PM
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>
Subject: FW: 38 Fever Windscreen DAMAGE

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 1:20 PM
Cc: Jimmy Jennett <[email protected]>; Tommy Repass <[email protected]>

Eric,

Good afternoon, I have good news, the manager stated that he would have it finished today. I apologize that I did not catch the completion date promised was 2-5-16 had already passed. I did get with the shipping manager to make sure they have a crate ready for this to be shipped out to you on Monday 2/29/16. I did get some information regarding the damaged piece you have….. I need that back here at:

Baja Marine

Attn: Karen Greene

1653 Whichard’s Beach Rd.

Washington, NC 27889

Our UPS account # is E27231. Will you please send that piece back to us at our expense of course? If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail me.

Thank you,
Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 11:34 AM
To: '[email protected]' <[email protected]>

Eric,

I will check with the manager and get back with you today sir.

Thank you,
Karen Greene

Sent: Friday, February 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Karen,
I have not received this windscreen yet. Can you give me an update I know that it was supposedto be completed 2 weeks ago and I think I should have received it by now.

Thanks
Eric Sallinger
815-985-5911

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 18:37:53 +0000

You are welcomeJ

Thank you,
Karen

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 1:37 PM

Karen,

Thank you for the help.

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 18:33:00 +0000

Eric,

I just spoke to the Manager in that department that he still has the machine and mold up in his area he will have this windscreen completed by Friday 2/5/16. We are shipping it in a crate to you this time to avoid from damage in the future. Thank you again for your patience.

Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 11:58 AM

Karen,

I appreciate you having a new windscreen made. I am just a little concerned about the length of time until I will receive it. I will be needing it by mid march as I have a trip to Florida planned later in March. I did order this in November so please see if you can have department that manufactures this bump it up in line.

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:27:48 +0000

Eric,

Good morning, we are going to make another windscreen for you at N/C. We are also going to ship out to you in a crate at N/C to you. I am taking the information to the department that makes the windscreens. The turnaround time is usually 6-8 weeks, I will advise that there was shipping damage to see if that will expedite your order in faster. Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions, I do apologize for this happening and will personally keep an eye on this order for you.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: 38 Fever Windscreen DAMAGE

Karen,

Any word on this yet?

Thanks

Eric Sallinger

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 27, 2016, at 12:44 PM, Karen Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

Eric,

Thank you for the pictures you sent in to me. I am getting with the Manager of our shipping department to see what we do with the damage to your windscreen. I will call or e-mail you as soon as I have information for you. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]
Old 02-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Registered

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: 38 Fever Windscreen DAMAGE

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

<image003.jpg>

<image004.jpg>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 21, 2016, at 6:05 AM, Karen Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

Eric,

Good morning I do have a tracking # for you:

1ZE272310357266965

Please feel free to call or e-mail if I can do anything else for you. Have a great day.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: 38 Fever Windscreen

Karen,

Do you have a tracking number for this windscreen?

Thanks

Eric Sallinger

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2016, at 1:24 PM, Karen Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

Eric,

Thank you for your patience… I meant to e-mail you on this. I did speak to that department and the windscreen is going to be ready to ship on Monday 1/18/2016. If you need anything else please feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail.

Thank you,
Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext 226)

[email protected]

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:15 PM
Subject: RE: 38 Fever Windscreen

Karen,
Just following up on this to see if you have an ETA on this?

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:29:56 +0000

Eric,

I will be glad to check first thing in the morning with that department. We close at 4:30 and some departments at 3:30. I will be in early in the morning and will get you a status. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:26 PM

Karen,
Thank you for the prompt response. Can you tell me how long I will be waiting for this. Joanna had told me when I ordered it that it should only take four weeks.

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 21:20:52 +0000

Eric,

Hello, Joanna is no longer with us but I can help you… I do see your order for the windscreen. It is still in process in that department. As of today it has not shipped. I will contact you as soon as it is completed and ready to ship.

Thank you,

Karen Greene

Baja Marine

Fountain Powerboats

252-975-2000 (ext226)

[email protected]

Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 2:39 PM
To: Joanna Bodwin <[email protected]>

Joanna,

Checking on the status of this windscreen.

Thanks
Eric Sallinger

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: 38 Fever Windscreen
> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:37:03 -0500
>
> I got them didn't see the other email yet.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 9:12 AM
> To: Joanna Bodwin <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: 38 Fever Windscreen
>
> I had sent a second email Wednesday November 25 with the pictures attached.
> Please let me know if you didn't receive the second email.
>
> Thanks
> Eric Sallinger
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 30, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Joanna Bodwin <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > There are no photos with this email.
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> > Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:53 PM
> > To: [email protected]
> > Subject: 38 Fever Windscreen
> >
> > Joanna,
> >
> > I talked with you a few months back about a new windscreen for my 1992
> > 38 Fever. You had requested pictures before I ordered it. I have
> > attached them. Could you please give me a call when you get this so
> > that I can finalize this order.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Eric Sallinger
> > 815-985-5911
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
>
Old 02-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That really sux!! That is really SOO disappointing to hear, especially about Joanna. She was always GREAT to deal with; always helpful and responsive. that is a shame that she is gone.

Two years ago I had Fountain make me new deck rails for my 47. The first one they made backwards and they made and shipped me a new one without hesitation. Obviously, things have changed.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sucks Joanna is gone she was top notch.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that the product was damaged when it arrived. Besides the phone conversation of he said and you said, they offered to make you whole on the situation.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

I can see why your pissed. I have had some good and bad experiences with this industry. Good was Young Performance, bad I don't want to mention. That said, I had some long posts typed up which I deleted prior to hitting the send button. The main reason I didn't send is I knew it would just piss me off more when everyone came in and defended this guy or that guy. Some people in general, and I feel more so in this hobby, love to disagree and in general stir the pot. Long story short, sucks it happened, but it will ruin your day more then his when you take this approach. Best thing is to take the kick in the balls, go break off a chunk with your ole' lady and move on Just my opinion.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Often times People lose sight of what they want when they meet opposition. Don't get personal. Get what you want. Move on.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by joew.
I can see why your pissed. I have had some good and bad experiences with this industry. Good was Young Performance, bad I don't want to mention. That said, I had some long posts typed up which I deleted prior to hitting the send button. The main reason I didn't send is I knew it would just piss me off more when everyone came in and defended this guy or that guy. Some people in general, and I feel more so in this hobby, love to disagree and in general stir the pot. Long story short, sucks it happened, but it will ruin your day more then his when you take this approach. Best thing is to take the kick iin the balls, go break off a chunk with your ole' lady and move on Just my opinion.
If you didn't read the post above by joew, you can read it here.
If you did read it, won't hurt to read it again, it's spot on.

RR
Old 02-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Am I just that naive to expect compensation for a product damaged during shipping??? I have had SO MANY items damaged from UPS, and never once thought that I should be compensated by the vendor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.