Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Prop reversal speed results. >

Prop reversal speed results.

Notices

Prop reversal speed results.

Old 09-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Curt

Default Prop reversal speed results.

Does anyone have experience with switching the port and starboard props to achieve inward rotation as opposed to outward rotation on a Fountain? I have heard that in some cases the boat picks up 1 to 3 mph although it may not handle as well.

Old 09-23-2002, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curt,
The step hulls slow down when you spin the props out. I am not sure how a non-stepped hull will respond to spinning in. If you try it let us know. How are those Tyler Crocket engines treating you? I am looking to re-power over the winter.
Dan
Old 09-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Curt

Hey Candyman, the "Crockett Rockets" are running great. That boat boils the water since Tyler threw a few of his recommended parts on her. I'll tell ya this, you absolutely will not find an engine builder that is more fun to deal with and who will deliver on time and back his engines. I've have a friend with a 35 that tells horror stories about dealing with both Joey Griffin and Paul Pfaff (sp.) He basically has been without a boat for 2 summers. These guys wouldn't even return his calls. On the other hand Tyler came all the way from Michigan to SC to dial in my carbs this year! Now I did have to fly him here but Jesus, how many builders will come 1,000 miles for any reason? You should give him strong consideration and tell him I recommended him.

Old 09-26-2002, 06:25 PM
dockmech

I have a 1991 29 fever with twin 454's drove thr boat two years with props spinning out, felt ok but was a hand full at w.o.t... I then swaped props and switched the drive cables to make the props spin In. what a difference the boat feels like it is on air and handles great. as for speed may be one faster but the way this made the boat feel I did not care if It gained or not.

Old 09-28-2002, 11:09 AM
Registered

Curt,
Sounds like your happy. I'll give Tyler a call in the off season. I'm looking to move to a 502 or 540. I want a no maintenance motor. Change the oil and go. Wolfe from Michigan has been highly recommended also.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-29-2002, 09:46 PM
1350SC

Dan, call the Wolf man 616-422-1090 tell him RAMPAGE sent you!

WE DON'T HUFF AND PUFF WE BLOW THE COMPETITION AWAY!!!!

Last edited by 1350SC; 09-29-2002 at 09:53 PM.

Old 09-30-2002, 06:07 PM
Registered

Rich,
Thanks for the number. I plan to get a few quotes together. Bruce is on that short list of calls I need to make. Even with the new engines you'll be pumping out more hp in one of your engines than both of mine combined. Are you interested in the fall get together down at Hammond? Hope to see you soon.
Dan