42 Fountain on trailer >

42 Fountain on trailer

Notices

42 Fountain on trailer

Old 04-26-2016, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 42 Fountain on trailer

Going to be building a garage this summer thinking a 42 would be largest boat we may ever own. How tall are they on a trailer? 10' tall doors ok?
Thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Yep, you will be fine with a 10' tall door.
Accordingly, 12' ceiling height (2' taller than door) is fine for standing in the boat, and working in & around it as well as on the deck. (Can't stand on deck, but can wax it.)

Remember, boat plus 7 feet is a good average length for OAL on a trailer. There are some other posts which list variables.
Don't build a bay shorter than 50' deep, period.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yep, you will be fine with a 10' tall door.
Accordingly, 12' ceiling height (2' taller than door) is fine for standing in the boat, and working in & around it as well as on the deck. (Can't stand on deck, but can wax it.)

Remember, boat plus 7 feet is a good average length for OAL on a trailer. There are some other posts which list variables.
Don't build a bay shorter than 50' deep, period.
Thanks for the info 50' is what I was thinking just have to get it past the city.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 42 on a an eagle trailer is 46' from coupler to swim plaform. I'm building a 50' long barn now.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you vacuum the inside with a shop vac like I do, you can attach the cheap black flex hose to 2" PVC, run it up the wall and half way over the top of the boat where you connect a 10' hose to the PVC. this leaves the vac on the floor and you can reach just about anywhere. yea, it takes a liitle creativity and modifying but well worth it
Old 05-18-2016, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Speedfreek, what a great idea. I have been hauling my huge shopvac in and out of my trailered boat forever! I'm going to try your idea. I'll probably have a much cleaner boat this summer!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEEDFREEK
If you vacuum the inside with a shop vac like I do, you can attach the cheap black flex hose to 2" PVC, run it up the wall and half way over the top of the boat where you connect a 10' hose to the PVC. this leaves the vac on the floor and you can reach just about anywhere. yea, it takes a liitle creativity and modifying but well worth it
Brilliant!