Crashed Patriot >

Crashed Patriot

Notices

Crashed Patriot

Old 06-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
Looks like the rocks on the way to the beach finished the job. 30' boat for sale needs fiberglass repair. Hope all are ok.
it looks like it was a 32 but is now a 27 ya hope all ok
Old 06-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was that bouy lit?
Originally Posted by Wasted Income
These pics were posted on facetwitterspacegram.

He did it up good....but if you're gonna crash your beak, why EVEN phuck around?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Registered

Did the drive maybe fail first. Looks like scrape marks under the hull but hard to tell where they came from.

I would like to think I am immune from something like this happening to me but in realality it could happen to anyone. Just glad everyone is ok.

Last edited by Questofpower; 06-22-2016 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Take a close look at that drive... It split lower in half, no prop, shaft, everything missing...
Old 06-21-2016, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

that sucks...
Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 AM
Registered

Would be interested to know if this buoy was lit.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

The buoy being lit is really of no consequence. Obviously he was going to fast for the conditions. It's sad to see but totally self inflicted. If you look at a chart it will tell you if the buoy is supposed to be light, the color, the flash pattern. The local notice to Mariners published weekly would advise if the light was out. Of course only if it had been reported/noticed.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
The buoy being lit is really of no consequence. Obviously he was going to fast for the conditions. It's sad to see but totally self inflicted. If you look at a chart it will tell you if the buoy is supposed to be light, the color, the flash pattern. The local notice to Mariners published weekly would advise if the light was out. Of course only if it had been reported/noticed.
What if mechanical failure caused the accident?
What if he was avoiding another boat or something else in the water?

I don't think we can call it self inflicted, given the lack of details that exist here or on on FB; at this point.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
It is a charted lit buoy, you can tell by looking at it, but was the light out, was really my question. Either way, it's harsh to jump to the conclusion that it was operator error without knowing the story. If he was running 70kts in the dark, sure that's reckless, but if he hit this buoy at 20kts and it wasn't lit, that's a different story or if he maneuvered to avoid something and hit an unlit buoy... If it were me, I wouldn't play judge, jury and executioner off some photos and a story in the New London Day.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I almost clipped one 15yrs ago lack of attention on my half. Would of bin bad but was only doing 15mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.