Crashed Patriot >

Crashed Patriot

Notices

Crashed Patriot

Old 06-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If my boat is in motion, my GPS is on, leaving breadcrumbs. You never know when you will need to navigate back safely, and/or more importantly; if someone else needs to navigate or drive back in an emergency. I just had THE 5 most important people in my life on a boat on Saturday night, and ran back from dinner on plane using GPS and tribal knowledge of the lake. Should I be keelhauled?
Yes, the OSO police will be looking for you.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 745 Likes on 337 Posts

How large are your umbrella policies,?
Old 06-24-2016, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those things get clipped alot, there are a few in the Maumee River in Toledo that I've come close to clipping myself.

A couple of years ago a guy at my marina clipped one, the lifting hook on the buoy peeled a big piece of glass off the side of the boat. The peeling hung out on the buoy for the rest of the season from what I recall...
Old 06-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have boated in the same waters my entire life and still used breadcrumbs all the time as well because of the breakwall openings mostly. Great tool.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Well the guy ran over a buoy at 11:30 at night. He has to take the blame. The damn thing didn't jump out in front of him. Of course the chartplotter should be on, mine's always on unless I'm on the local pond, but that doesn't change the fact that the guy ran over a buoy at night. I do feel really bad for him; What an absolute nightmare that had to have been. Wow.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 682 Likes on 274 Posts

The probability of the Unforeseen happening, is directly related to the amount of Clear vision you have , multiplied by your speed.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:40 AM
Registered

I'll tell you a little story.

Back when I was in the parasailing business years ago . it's Spring Break and that is the same time the crabbers litter the water with crab pot bouys .

I am running 1500 feet off the beach in Naples pulling a flyer when out of the field of bouys I spot a head that belongs to some idiot doing the Crawl., missing him by 30 feet while doing 20 knots.

Soo after I get the flight ended. I go find this swimmer again.

He starts yelling at me that I almost ran him down. I said dude there is a no boats allowed Swim area out to 500 feet off the beach , why are you swimming 1500 feet off it

He yells it's his god given right to swim wherever he wants and if I run him over I am going to be to blame.

I try to explain to this idiot that his head looks just like the other 1000 crab pots in the 5 square miles we are in .

Also telling him the only reason I didn't run him over is because I keep a lookout for the bouys so I don't have to dive to clear the prop, unlike the other 200 newly arrived Spring Break crowd boats that are doing 50 mph running over them like their targets .

So this routine of his goes on for a week , I stay a mile off the beach now , accept on some rides where I assume he is not down that end of the beach.

Anyways out one beautiful flat calm day about 3 weeks after our 1st encounter.

Nice onshore breeze so I launch the people about A thousand feet off the beach because they had family watching on the beach.

Running along keeping an eye on the chute behind me for the 1st 100 feet going out, as I knew there were no other boats around.

Next thing I know I feel a reel long thunk and than a little roughness in the drivetrain. Suddenly the water behind the boat is dark red, like it just rained blood.

I get a Really sick feeling in my stomach, my Parasail boat is a inboard with 30 inches of prop and running gear hanging under it.

Run the ride for the 15 minutes. Just freaked out , but know with the pool of blood I just saw nothing lived through it.

I make a pass at the pool of blood on the way to drop the customers back off on the beach.

To my relief I had ran over a Giant Sea turtle, not my Idiot Swimmer.

Needless to say I didn't report the turtle either as the turtle Nazis would have burned my boat and me and every living relative and friend.

Now think about every Stoner you see driving around with a paddle board on their roof these days.

Seen many out off the beach after sunset down here. The boating laws don't pertain to them, they are free with Nature man.

Don't need no stinkin lights.

Just my 2cents

Last edited by tommymonza; 06-24-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
How large are your umbrella policies,?
More than $1M.
Less than $5M.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I'll tell you a little story.

Back when I was in the parasailing business years ago . it's Spring Break and that is the same time the crabbers litter the water with crab pot bouys .

I am running 1500 feet off the beach in Naples pulling a flyer when out of the field of bouys I spot a head that belongs to some idiot doing the Crawl., missing him by 30 feet while doing 20 knots.

Soo after I get the flight ended. I go find this swimmer again.

He starts yelling at me that I almost ran him down. I said dude there is a no boats allowed Swim area out to 500 feet off the beach , why are you swimming 1500 feet off it

He yells it's his god given right to swim wherever he wants and if I run him over I am going to be to blame.

I try to explain to this idiot that his head looks just like the other 1000 crab pots in the 5 square miles we are in .

Also telling him the only reason I didn't run him over is because I keep a lookout for the bouys so I don't have to dive to clear the prop, unlike the other 200 newly arrived Spring Break crowd boats that are doing 50 mph running over them like their targets .

So this routine of his goes on for a week , I stay a mile off the beach now , accept on some rides where I assume he is not down that end of the beach.

Anyways out one beautiful flat calm day about 3 weeks after our 1st encounter.

Nice onshore breeze so I launch the people about A thousand feet off the beach because they had family watching on the beach.

Running along keeping an eye on the chute behind me for the 1st 100 feet going out, as I knew there were no other boats around.

Next thing I know I feel a reel long thunk and than a little roughness in the drivetrain. Suddenly the water behind the boat is dark red, like it just rained blood.

I get a Really sick feeling in my stomach, my Parasail boat is a inboard with 30 inches of prop and running gear hanging under it.

Run the ride for the 15 minutes. Just freaked out , but know with the pool of blood I just saw nothing lived through it.

I make a pass at the pool of blood on the way to drop the customers back off on the beach.

To my relief I had ran over a Giant Sea turtle, not my Idiot Swimmer.

Needless to say I didn't report the turtle either as the turtle Nazis would have burned my boat and me and every living relative and friend.

Now think about every Stoner you see driving around with a paddle board on their roof these days.

Seen many out off the beach after sunset down here. The boating laws don't pertain to them, they are free with Nature man.

Don't need no stinkin lights.

Just my 2cents
wow, that had to scare the bejesus out of you!!
Old 06-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
wow, that had to scare the bejesus out of you!!
Scary part is that was back in my hard drinking hitting the bars every night days. Many days I couldn't blow triple Zeroes until noon.

Actually for about 2 years I think my bodies tare weight for alcohol was probably a .04 .

Worst injury I inflicted on anyone in 20 years and Tens of thousands of people flown was a stubbed toe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.