Prop for a 1993 29 fever >

Prop for a 1993 29 fever

Notices

Prop for a 1993 29 fever

Old 10-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Prop for a 1993 29 fever

Trying to find out what props other guys are running on an early to mid 90's straight bottom 29's that have single engine pushing 600-650 HP.
Been trying different bravos and so far best speed is right at 70 with a stock 26.
Tried a 28 and couldn't get the rams past 4500. A 24 will hit 52-5300 but lost bite to keep pushing boat forward.

I have heard this hull likes hydromotives which I have a 24 but it blows it out all the time.

What's everyone running for best all around?
Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 24 pitch hydro

Originally Posted by debcod2
Trying to find out what props other guys are running on an early to mid 90's straight bottom 29's that have single engine pushing 600-650 HP.
Been trying different bravos and so far best speed is right at 70 with a stock 26.
Tried a 28 and couldn't get the rams past 4500. A 24 will hit 52-5300 but lost bite to keep pushing boat forward.

I have heard this hull likes hydromotives which I have a 24 but it blows it out all the time.

What's everyone running for best all around?

My boat is a 1996 29 step hull that came with a 24 hydro. Just bought it last November and haven't had it out much this summer. Had a heavy load of folks and fuel each time I've had it out.Everyone wants to go for a ride it seems like. It takes it a little while to plane with that load. Tabs down, drive in and at about 3000 rpm she wants to come
up on plane. The hydro bites pretty good just easing into it but will blow out with two much throttle. Gonna take it out this weekend just me and the wife and a light load of fuel and get the feel for it.It's a carbed 500 hp with a fresh rebuild. Previous owner said he saw 69.7 mph on gps.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing here, 29 step, brand new rebuilt 500 EFI. I bought a labbed LH 26 bravo1 from b blades. Used it twice and then totaled it on some rocks on Winni. 2 people, full of fuel saw 70 on a garmin GPS. Boat speedo read 75. Went back to the 15 year old stock 24 P hydromotive. Saw 68-69 GPS same conditions. The Bravo was quicker out of the hole and planned faster. Is it worth another Grand???? I decide next year. I might send the 24 out to be labbed, but that might cut it down too much.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Registered

Default labbed props

Originally Posted by janniboy
Same thing here, 29 step, brand new rebuilt 500 EFI. I bought a labbed LH 26 bravo1 from b blades. Used it twice and then totaled it on some rocks on Winni. 2 people, full of fuel saw 70 on a garmin GPS. Boat speedo read 75. Went back to the 15 year old stock 24 P hydromotive. Saw 68-69 GPS same conditions. The Bravo was quicker out of the hole and planned faster. Is it worth another Grand???? I decide next year. I might send the 24 out to be labbed, but that might cut it down too much.
My prop could use some help. It has some little nicks and gouges on the leading edge of a couple blades.My tack says I'm only turning around
4800 rpm at wot. Do they remove material in effect to balance it when they labb it, making the blades thinner? Just what goes on with that process? Ben looking at props on ebay but am a little scared of buying sight unseen.Does b blades have decent pricing. Heard they have a loaner program.Thinking about experimenting next season.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes they loan them, but i didn't inquire just went with their recommendation. I think in the labbed process the metal is thinned so the prop cuts better. Just my opinion. The 26 labbed is probably closer to a 25 so i think if i lab my 24 it should make the boat quicker out of the hole but I will lose some top end. Could work out well at cruise, When i run with a load of people, they all enjoy WOT to one side of the lake but then they all want to talk, drink and listen to music yada yada yada. The 29 does two things well, WOT and Idle, otherwise you are plowing with your beak in the air. I love it though. Show me another boat with the same speed and fuel efficiency as the 29 single.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by janniboy
Yes they loan them, but i didn't inquire just went with their recommendation. I think in the labbed process the metal is thinned so the prop cuts better. Just my opinion. The 26 labbed is probably closer to a 25 so i think if i lab my 24 it should make the boat quicker out of the hole but I will lose some top end. Could work out well at cruise, When i run with a load of people, they all enjoy WOT to one side of the lake but then they all want to talk, drink and listen to music yada yada yada. The 29 does two things well, WOT and Idle, otherwise you are plowing with your beak in the air. I love it though. Show me another boat with the same speed and fuel efficiency as the 29 single.
Love this boat to janniboy! Had her out this weekend with just us two and what a difference that made. Still trying to figure out this gas gauge. It was showing between one half and three quarters so I put 60 gallons in and it read full again, but fell off full faster than it did last time. Gonna take some time to get a feel for it. It was a beautiful day with temps in the low 80's. Hope to keep these warm temps around for a while!