Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 fountain lift help >

42 fountain lift help

Notices

42 fountain lift help

Old 12-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hijack, but while we are on this subject. I have a 97 29 Fever single step, and I just purchased this 6500 lb sunlift hydraulic lift for it for next season. Would love to have your guy's thoughts on if this looks to be suitable as is or if I'll have any issues

Old 12-02-2016, 08:07 PM
Registered

doing more reading, seems like I should have that bunk modified for the step in my hull so I don't risk too much pressure on the step point. Anyone know if that would be a big project on this particular lift I bought? I would think any of the lift companies in my area should be able to handle that?
Old 12-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562454[/ATTACH]

I found a Myco cradle on CL for a Stepped 42 Fountain... score ! , I'm either going to try to mount this on my HH , or I may install an elevator style lift this season
Attached Thumbnails 42 fountain lift help-cradle.jpg  
Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562454[/ATTACH]

I found a Myco cradle on CL for a Stepped 42 Fountain... score ! , I'm either going to try to mount this on my HH , or I may install an elevator style lift this season
Nice. Wish I'd seen that one
Old 01-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the schematic sent to me by Fountain to make the cradle I used at Clear Lake Marine Center. That cradle is available now if you want it. I will also give you the schematic which shows the exact height and length to build the bunks to exactly support the 2005 42 Ex hull. Contact me. Tom has my number.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 375 Posts

Most hydrohoist use 2 nine foot bunks to hold all boats at the stern. On our dock it doesn't matter if its a 18 footer or 40 something footer. Stern drives are mounted so the rear or the bunk makes contact with the transom, the V-drives are supported a bit further forward where the engines are mounted. Larger boats above 20 feet get a keel support forward. The two 9 foot bunks are located to clear chins and thru hull fittings and kept closer to the keel then the outside hull.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
I have the schematic sent to me by Fountain to make the cradle I used at Clear Lake Marine Center. That cradle is available now if you want it. I will also give you the schematic which shows the exact height and length to build the bunks to exactly support the 2005 42 Ex hull. Contact me. Tom has my number.
sent you a pm.