42 fountain lift help

Notices

42 fountain lift help

Old 11-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 42 fountain lift help

Hello all,

I own a 2005 42’ fountain executioner with staggered 525 EFI’s, standard drives, and no standoff boxes. The boat does not have a generator or air conditioning. I am looking for information for a recently purchased boat lift. The lift is a hydro hoist, and I need the center of gravity, as well as any bunk recommendations. Does anyone have experience they can share with their 42' lift?

I have a trailer now, which I will duplicate as much as possible. Just looking for any and all information prior to starting the project.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Not sure on hydro hoist but I have a standard boat lift. As do a lot friends. The bunks go to stern of boat like it would sit on trailer. Mine are only one set.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

If my memory is correct, I saw a diagram of Fountain's recommendations for boat lift bunks (probably same as trailer bunks). Not sure where I saw it, however.
Just make sure you do it so that the hull is support properly (to prevent a hook in the hull from long term storage).
Old 11-08-2016, 04:16 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MYCO will build you the cradle portion for your lift. Check them out on their website. My friend had one made for his 35 and it fit the boat perfectly.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DM
MYCO will build you the cradle portion for your lift. Check them out on their website. My friend had one made for his 35 and it fit the boat perfectly.
Thanks but I can manage without paying myco pricing. I was just hoping to get some innovative ideas.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joew.
Thanks but I can manage without paying myco pricing. I was just hoping to get some innovative ideas.
And how did you get into position to own a 42 ? Come on man are you that cheap?
Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
And how did you get into position to own a 42 ? Come on man are you that cheap?
Please leave this conversation to the men.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561347[/ATTACH]

I've have had my 42 on a hydro hoist for a few years , mine is 15k side tie, I'm not sure how your lift is set up, but on mine the rear bunks are adjustable & run from just behind the rear step all the way to the transom , you can kind of see what I mean in the pic, the front is just supported by a V style bunk , this is sort of how the HH lift works , as it goes up the bow just falls into place, Its not the perfect set up , but I think the rear of the boat is supported well, I'm not sure if a cradle would wok on a Hydro Hoist
Attached Thumbnails 42 fountain lift help-spring-2016.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]561350[/ATTACH]

I found a couple pics of my lift
Attached Thumbnails 42 fountain lift help-hh-lift.jpg   42 fountain lift help-hh-lift-2.jpg  
Old 11-09-2016, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561347[/ATTACH]

I've have had my 42 on a hydro hoist for a few years , mine is 15k side tie, I'm not sure how your lift is set up, but on mine the rear bunks are adjustable & run from just behind the rear step all the way to the transom , you can kind of see what I mean in the pic, the front is just supported by a V style bunk , this is sort of how the HH lift works , as it goes up the bow just falls into place, Its not the perfect set up , but I think the rear of the boat is supported well, I'm not sure if a cradle would wok on a Hydro Hoist
Thank you for the help!
My current lift has this exact set up. I plan to add a couple extra supports, which I am sure will be over kill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.