Where are all the fountains going >

Where are all the fountains going

Notices

Where are all the fountains going

Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
^^^^ The walk around is the one key component my wife really does use and makes our boat more user friendly for us at the launch/docks. The cabin door with the steps would be so nice to have versus going around the bolsters and exiting from the rear seats to get to the bow. BUT the walk around helps to make that move as painless as possible. Good problem to have.
This is a good discussion to have, no bashing but constructive critiques from owners and observers. I don't know a Fountain owner that wishes anything but success to the factory.
It could be just 2 stairs.. or any surface that will support 200 pounds imo
Old 01-01-2017, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a cool factory offering would be some type of kit to update the cabin entrance on older boats. Make it easier for TRL to haul the skanks to and fro. Without bumping your head. And stuff.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
I think a cool factory offering would be some type of kit to update the cabin entrance on older boats. Make it easier for TRL to haul the skanks to and fro. Without bumping your head. And stuff.
I'm down w that.....
Old 04-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Not true. Retail price for a new Donzi, Fountain, Baja twin I/O is the same as 10-15 years ago. The "creative" financing made them affordable and was able to put many more people into a performance boat. Much different scenario now.
Can you expand on this statement a bit? What sorts of creative financing used to exist? I wasn't interested in performance boats seriously before 2010, and now I'm seeing zero availability of new boats aside from the ultra-custom ones. How did people afford these before?
Old 04-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
Before shot, old style Fountain

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563000[/ATTACH]

Tweak things up a little, very small Garmin and a bit of bling, I think it's a big improvement

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563001[/ATTACH]
I love the gold chains and the vicodins are a nice bonus.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by NautiSouth
Can you expand on this statement a bit? What sorts of creative financing used to exist? I wasn't interested in performance boats seriously before 2010, and now I'm seeing zero availability of new boats aside from the ultra-custom ones. How did people afford these before?
Dodd-Frank screwed everything up. President Trump is working on getting rid of. It ties bank's hands.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^^ This. In the Boom there was little to no money down, balloon payments at the end, some loans had thru the roof % rates but approved anyone with a pulse, proof of income was laughable at best, loans sometimes included costly add-ons and upgrades way past the value of the boat. Pretty much what happened with the housing market but with boats. Also, home equity loans were as easy as making a phone call, now not so much.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NautiSouth
See my post below "thirdchildhood". As far as only ultra-custom boats being available, that is not true. Bajas are being built now, a few Fountains have been built, Powerquest is starting to run again, Sonic, Hustler, Active Thunder, and many more all making boats. You can get a Donzi, just order it. There are good used boats out there also, so no reason to be on the sidelines.