Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
42 Poker Run rerig >

42 Poker Run rerig

Notices

42 Poker Run rerig

Old 10-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

How’s it going? This is such an awesome redo.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Registered

How’s it going? This is such an awesome redo.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts

Bladders are out coming up with a plan on how we are going to cut the floor. Been busy getting ready for the upcoming winter, so haven't had a lot of time for the boat. Be back on it soon though.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Registered

Good to hear. You’re doing an awesome job. Cutting the floor worries me if I ever have to replace tanks.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:04 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
Didn't get to run the boat yet. Developed a real strong fuel smell. Strong enough we didn't dare to run it. Pulled the fuel bladders no gas puddles just seems to be sweating thru the bladder on the bottom and sides? Just damp everywhere. So new aluminum tanks are going in.
good call. . . . this happened in my marina yesterday. This was an incredibly well kept like new 42 w/6's and big power (and i mean like new). Happened in an instant and its a total loss, bilges were open with no fuel smell evident. I was on my way to go out with them but stopped at marina office to take care of my dock and the call hit office that the fuel dock was on fire. Knowing my friend was the only one out there we shot for the dock and got there as it was fully involved. We could do nothing but watch and wait for fire trucks . . . . all on board ok though with some singed hair. My honest thoughts are it was an early stages of a minor tank issue that did not get noticed, fire seemed to be concentrated in cabin and cockpit area. . . . good call Kieth to be on the safe side
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-01-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

^^^^^^^ Makes me sick to my stomach. Glad no one was seriously hurt!
Old 11-01-2018, 08:54 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 296 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
watching it happen was no picnic . . . . . ever seen a grown man cry? . . . i actually had a brief moment of terror when i got there and could not locate my friend any where around, my heart literally stopped for a second i think. As i tried to asses what was going on i heard him from across the channel yell something. When it went up they had no choice but to quickly shove the boat off the launch ramp to get it away from a couple other boats that were there knowing it would basically drift to the empty peninsula where it could still be dealt with. I was on the other side it came to rest on and quickly started getting gawkers out of the way and told everyone to get their cars moved so fire truck could get through the narrow road (which they all were blocking) I grabbed the gas dock guy and he and i moved a bunch or railroad tie parking barriers so the truck had direct access to the path out peninsula. They got within two line lengths and started working on it. Gotta give all first responders credit for how they get on a situation quick calm and effective . . . . had it quickly under control but the damage was done. They kept it from sinking and causing an enviro issue as well.

sorry for the short highjack Kieth, when you mentioned your tanks i thought it a good place to illustrate your good decision.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-01-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 268 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
x2
Old 11-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 277 Likes on 112 Posts

Wow, Thanks Dave
Old 11-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 42 Poker Run rerig

I enjoyed following this thread right up until I saw your dyno sheets. At 3600 your at my max HP for my small blocks-now I'm depressed.
Nice job on the rerig!
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.