Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
How to inspect a 2000-2004 Fever? >

How to inspect a 2000-2004 Fever?

Notices

How to inspect a 2000-2004 Fever?

Old 07-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to inspect a 2000-2004 Fever?

I'm in the market for a 2000-2004 29 Fever as I prefer the single engine. According to a Boattest link written in 2010, Formula boats are built with non-wood stringers (molded support or glassed foam egg-crate). They did not mention the transom. What year did they start building like this? How are the Fever's of that vintage constructed?

If the boat is all shiny on the outside, how can I ensure that a survey will determine the true condition of the hull structure (wood or otherwise)? After watching some youtube projects to fix rotten wood, it is clear that I do not want to unknowingly get into such a nightmare. I would think with enough due diligence I can get a great older boat and not have that concern.

Looking forward to owners letting me know what's up. What should I watch out for and how do I avoid such heartbreak. I'm in the Miami area, but am considering boats that are out of the area to find the right one.