Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Garage door height >

Garage door height

Notices

Garage door height

Old 01-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=FOUNTAINFLY;4604203.The wife said she doesn't want a monstrosity behind the house so.... Hmmm , ya think she would really notice if I went 30x50x12 lol.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, so I bought the house next door and built the building behind that house. Problem solved

Last edited by Clustergear; 01-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank's for the advice guys. Looks like I'll be building the 30x50x12. I seriously doubt she'll actually realize the difference anyway. The extra space will come in handy anyway. I seem to have an old car addiction to. I have a rental property with a shop full of cool old stuff that I'm liquidating and will be selling the property so bigger will be better.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
As I planned mine it kept expanding before we broke ground. I had settled on 12ft tall doors when a friend mentioned his father had bought an RV and the AC or it's roof wouldn't fit under their 12 ft tall doors......so I used (2) 12 wide x 14 tall doors on a 30 x 56 x 15 garage. Even has a second floor in it. The complete build thread is here if your looking for ideas.

(mines the one with the big azz garage in the back yard! LOL)

Attachment 574286
Wow! That thing's so big you can actually see it from space. lol. All kidding aside that's an awesome garage.I'd be in Heaven!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default garage door height

Trust me you won't regret the bigger one. Mine is 30 X 60 X 14. One 10' and one 12' door. I can get the boat with the bimini up into it. The other side fits the car trailer. I can always switch the boat fort he motorhome if needed to. Bigger is ALWAYS better.