What are you updating/upgrading?

Old 11-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Fairing after combing and headed to paint
Old 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Replacing fiberglass race fahring with cut down windshield. New marine mat flooring new dash from Steve at innotech new JL Audio media master radio and replacing the vinyl on the sun pad
Old 11-29-2018, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions

awesome. How many hours on it now?
About 350 give or take, engines still ran very strong, at times I do wonder to myself WTF am I doing here. But in the long run it may well be better to take a look see, make sure all is right, rather than have something fail. Would be a shame to ruin one of these 525's, they are fine pieces.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 11-29-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
About 350 give or take, engines still ran very strong, at times I do wonder to myself WTF am I doing here. But in the long run it may well be better to take a look see, make sure all is right, rather than have something fail. Would be a shame to ruin one of these 525's, they are fine pieces.

definitely and many horror stories of the springs on those. Even the ones that didn’t go all the way but pressures being almost gone in that range.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redsled33
Replacing fiberglass race fahring with cut down windshield. New marine mat flooring new dash from Steve at innotech new JL Audio media master radio and replacing the vinyl on the sun pad

nice. Some of those are on my list also. Buddy wildman graffix on here is customs painting dash panels for me. Also gonna do the full JL thing at some point. Likely cabin upgrades first. New carpet and whatnot

Last edited by Crude Intentions; 11-29-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Adding coil near plug ignition and doing away with the MSD box. ( just received everything UPS )
New carpet and finish the stereo.
Thinking on adding a supercharger ( Procharger or Wipple )
OR raising the compression to 14+ to 1 and running E85 ( should be good for about 1000 HP)
Old 12-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Crude Intentions

definitely and many horror stories of the springs on those. Even the ones that didn’t go all the way but pressures being almost gone in that range.
I do not think there are the issues with the 525's that were seen during the early days of the 500's. There are thousands of these 525's in service, many with more hours than I have on mine, I've heard of some with more than 500, 600, even documented over 800. How they are run, as with anything, has a lot to do with hours of service. I have seen the comments about spring pressures being low on tear down, they are not very high to begin with. Teague sells the OE Pac springs, one would assume they feel they are a proper fit for the engines. I have not made a final decision on exactly what I will use for springs, likely an Isky, but not sure which one yet.

As I said before mine were still strong, would accelerate hard, pull to 5400 at will and show the speeds it has always run since I bought it some eleven years ago. I have toyed with doing this work for several seasons and did not because they were running so well. Will be interesting to see just how things are in there when they are torn down a little later this winter.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-01-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Registered

No doubt. It’s like anything else. Gonna be stories on both sides. Considering cost of top ends vs full rebuilds I’m done for top ends even if it’s to error on the side of caution. At 350ish you’re right in the recommended range anyhow. Hope it all goes well.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Nothing and it feels good.

Oils changed, cleaned, and tucked away for the winter. Come spring, dust off and enjoy!
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

For everyone replacing cabin carpet, what brand and type of carpet are you using? Is it glued in place? Do you need to pull the cabinetry out? Been looking at changing for a couple of years and always find an excuse to not do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.