Silent choice??? >

Silent choice???

Notices

Silent choice???

Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
With the proper diverters silent choice does not increase the risk of reversion. I actually get some peace of mind knowing that while not running, any water that might get past the tip flapper will run down the Y pipe and cannot wash over the hump and into the engine. I only use mine at idle speeds.
Ask eddie young about those divertors, lots of them fail (fall off) and you find out when chit happens.

But to each his own, not my worry.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

The way the Fountain integrated swim platforms are designed, it’s not overly loud in the boat. The sound is all directed away from the occupants. I guess it depends on what/who you are concerned for noise about. If you want to be kind to neighbors on a quiet cove, you might just look into turn downs.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You must make diffrences between builders of the silent choise!
I buy CMI and Corsa for my 600 SCi and get very fast rid of the Corsa diverters after compare them!
The cmi are much better build,have inside a tubulator to hold of water(reversion) and mix the water extrem rear!
I would not use the Corsa diverters on a Blue engine! They are not good build and i belive when many guys get reversion with the corsa stuff!
Michael
Old 02-10-2019, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm removing mine as we speak and have a question. 2005 35 with 525's and Hardin Hurricane Headers. Would this tailpipe be a direct fit? It says direct replacement for the mercury tailpipe for 525/bravo

https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-7406...8m0025008.aspx