Need Help Mystery oil leak 502 MPI >

Need Help Mystery oil leak 502 MPI

Notices

Need Help Mystery oil leak 502 MPI

Old 09-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help Mystery oil leak 502 MPI

502 mag MPI has a mystery oil left on the rear port side of the engine. (Right side if you’re looking at it). It’s running off the bottom of the manifold near cylinder 7. Valve cover seems to be tight. Looking for some thought before I tear into it. You can see in the photo where it’s wet on the manifold

Old 09-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 259 Posts

I am thinking you have a leaking valve cover gasket. Did you spill any oil topping it off? On a side note, are you getting water in the bilge too ? See that crooked worm clamp on your Silent Choice diverter pipe ? I had water getting in my bilge on a regular basis. Kept thinking it was from getting back in boat after coveing out. I had a couple clamps that were crooked like that from when a shop replaced one of my couplers. I removed and re-aligned those clamps and now bilge is dry. Something so simple drove me nuts !

Last edited by Helmwurst; 09-15-2020 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Forgot to add last comment
Old 09-15-2020, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havnt got any water in the bildge. I’m going to adjust it after I get this figured out. That’s the only thing I can think it is. It’s above the temp sensor for oil and the switch.