Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Old 38SC project >

Old 38SC project

Notices

Old 38SC project

Old 07-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, great tip! Thanks!! Anything is worth a try as I swear one time I was backing up completely sideways lol! The breeze was pushing the nose around faster than the props could correct it. What a mess! I have gotten better at it, but it still feels like I'm having to work too hard to get it right.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhammer
Wow, great tip! Thanks!! Anything is worth a try as I swear one time I was backing up completely sideways lol! The breeze was pushing the nose around faster than the props could correct it. What a mess! I have gotten better at it, but it still feels like I'm having to work too hard to get it right.
It's a big boat with a lot of freeboard. It's going to really get pushed around by the wind in some situations. Don't be afraid to use a little throttle in addition to shifters for maneuvering if things are getting out of hand -- idle speeds don't always cut it!

There's always the bow thruster option too
Old 07-16-2022, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I have not been on this site for a while but if you call corinthian carpets and ask for my specs they will likely have the template. If not, be careful as the dimensions are a little tricky. I found the aft beam dimensions are actually narrower than towards the bow.
Old 06-19-2024, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates? I think you may want to consider switching props.Years ago I called Fountain and they said the 38 with twin 502/ 415s runs 70 mph. I questioned this and found engine issues. After repowering, My Hydromotive 26 Quad 4s were dialed back to 25 pitch and lab finished. GPS says high 60s with twin 496/425s. I had Hydromotive do the prop work. These were the props Reggie put on these boats not lab finished though.
Old 06-19-2024, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 399 Likes on 267 Posts

hopefully the OP will come back with updates !
Old 06-26-2024, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still here... idk why I don't get notified when someone posts on this thread?

Lately, I've been working out the issues a lame mobile mechanic created, omg!! I'm hoping to be back on the water this weekend. Aside from fixing everything the mechanic touched, I'm still working out all those little things that crop up. Mostly electrical like a trim tab or drive decides it doesn't want to work. Easy stuff, but never ending (like normal lol!) I'm getting better at the dock... almost dangerous even, but still not confident enough to do pirouettes inside party cove.

I do have another set of props I can try. They're Hydromotive Q-IV (also 26p). They've never seen water so I might as well play around with them?
Old 06-26-2024, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 399 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhammer
I'm still here... idk why I don't get notified when someone posts on this thread?

Lately, I've been working out the issues a lame mobile mechanic created, omg!! I'm hoping to be back on the water this weekend. Aside from fixing everything the mechanic touched, I'm still working out all those little things that crop up. Mostly electrical like a trim tab or drive decides it doesn't want to work. Easy stuff, but never ending (like normal lol!) I'm getting better at the dock... almost dangerous even, but still not confident enough to do pirouettes inside party cove.

I do have another set of props I can try. They're Hydromotive Q-IV (also 26p). They've never seen water so I might as well play around with them?
look at the bottom of the last post, or just above the box where you can reply, there is a subscribe button you can click on so you get notified when there is a reply !
The following users liked this post:
jackhammer (06-26-2024)