Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Third Child 29 Fountain >

Third Child 29 Fountain

Notices

Third Child 29 Fountain

Old 08-12-2022, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 148 Likes on 77 Posts

Truck as been overheating, did a coolant flush and was still overheating last night when towing the boat. Bought a K&N filter, and rented a coolant pressure test kit. I think I found my issue though. Any idea on how to get these fins cleaned the best? Air? or just garden hose?

Kids were disappointed last night. Got out to the boat and backed her in the water only to find out the battery was dead.. I left the batter switch set to both ( only have a single battery ). Sounds like the perfect opportunity to put my second battery in and get it hooked up. I was really down last night and thinking about not taking the boat to the Shootout this year, but got to sleep on it and I think once I clean this radiator up and get another battery for the boat we should be golden!
Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 63 Posts

Gunk & power washer HVAC fin cleaner! A lso for dead battery's Gooloo/ BEATIT jump starter power bank very small We jump started my Formula many times with it! Good luck
Old 08-12-2022, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
Gunk & power washer HVAC fin cleaner! A lso for dead battery's Gooloo/ BEATIT jump starter power bank very small We jump started my Formula many times with it! Good luck
Looks like the BEATIT ones are out of stock everywhere.

Looking at the specs, this one should be enough to start the boat correct? If so, Ill buy it right now.

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-12-2022, 09:28 AM
Registered

Going to remove my electric fans and spray in from the back side of the radiator. There is not much room at all to the front side. Hope this helps the engine stay cool.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 328 Likes on 183 Posts

I have had very good luck with the Weego brand jump starters.
https://myweego.com/product-category...jump-starters/

Padraig.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Use Nu-Brite to clean coil. Spray it from the front and rinse from the back. do NOT use jet spray or you could fold over the fins of the coil. and don't get on your paint.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:49 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

Ive had great luck with the engine brite foaming engine cleaner sprayed on the front then just hose it off from the back. The foam lifts a lot of garbage out and the de-greaser cleans everything nice too

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-12-2022, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 451 Likes on 220 Posts

Just curious, how are you measuring the top speed? The boats GPS speedo? If so, check it with another source, like a smartphone, next time out. That boat should be 70 plus on the top end with a 525 XR 28 pitch setup. No way 80 because the XR eats up some HP to turn, but should be over 70 easy.

Also, I noticed those voids you had on the bottom step. If the trailer is not setup for a stepped hull, those will be a chronic problem. Even single stepped hulls need to supported correctly by the bunks.

Old 08-15-2022, 07:37 AM
Registered

This should work a lot better. I was shocked at how much brown water was coming out of some spots on this radiator. Just packed full..

Old 08-15-2022, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
Just curious, how are you measuring the top speed? The boats GPS speedo? If so, check it with another source, like a smartphone, next time out. That boat should be 70 plus on the top end with a 525 XR 28 pitch setup. No way 80 because the XR eats up some HP to turn, but should be over 70 easy.

Also, I noticed those voids you had on the bottom step. If the trailer is not setup for a stepped hull, those will be a chronic problem. Even single stepped hulls need to supported correctly by the bunks.
I always use a GPS App on my phone, but also when running in the shootout last year I couldn't get over 68 by radar. I bought this trailer brand new for this boat and the trailer dealer went and measured it to set it up. The trailer is built for the step, I would say there is 6-8 inches from the step to the raised bunk when the boat is on there. If this should be much closer, I can have the guys adjust it when Im in LOTO for the shootout next week. I am going to ask them to resolve a brake light issue for me while it is there as well.
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (08-15-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.