Third Child 29 Fountain >

Third Child 29 Fountain

Notices

Third Child 29 Fountain

Old 12-13-2022, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
why haul it all the way to WI to do top ends, one of the best cylinder head shops around here in the midwest, I've used them a bunch over the years on 500 and 525 rebuilds

Brother in law owns a cylinder head shop up there and does some good work. He is going to come down to KS for Christmas and take it back with him to work on.

The following users liked this post:
SB (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

If I was you, I would get rid of the silent choice 525's will revert and the silent choice doesn't help.

Also do not forget when you pressure tested the headers it only means they are good right now, if they are the early ones it really is not if its when they go. Its not fun when you find that out.
Old 12-13-2022, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
Brother in law owns a cylinder head shop up there and does some good work. He is going to come down to KS for Christmas and take it back with him to work on.
Dallas,

For reference, we are right at 76MPH GPS in our PQ280/496HO/M1ProCharger/Bravo28P. We had some injector issues that I think we bought with the boat that had devolved into an almost depressing ride. Once we got that sorted out, we are seeing 76MPH @ 5000RPM. I'd think you should easily be able to reach that with yours. Keep diggin'. It's in there.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Old 12-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 451 Likes on 220 Posts

I would be very interested in how you take the factory mufflers off. The mufflers are bolted to the underside of the swim platform so I want to know how you access the bolt on the inside. Also holds true for the swim ladder....I've always wondered how they are able to reach into that tiny void back there to bolt everything down. Maybe it is done before the hull and deck are attached?

Anyhow, if you can snap some pix of the removal process, I would appreciate it.

And I am VERY jealous of you being able to clean up your bilge. Something I've wanted to do, but just never had any reason to pull my motors....yet.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:13 PM
Registered

If I was you, I would get rid of the silent choice 525's will revert and the silent choice doesn't help.

​​​​​​​
No silent choice....only a Y-Pipe on the factory muffler setup.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
I would be very interested in how you take the factory mufflers off. The mufflers are bolted to the underside of the swim platform so I want to know how you access the bolt on the inside. Also holds true for the swim ladder....I've always wondered how they are able to reach into that tiny void back there to bolt everything down. Maybe it is done before the hull and deck are attached?

Anyhow, if you can snap some pix of the removal process, I would appreciate it.

And I am VERY jealous of you being able to clean up your bilge. Something I've wanted to do, but just never had any reason to pull my motors....yet.
These mufflers attach to the swim platform with screws, so nothing to hang on to on the other side. I was told that to remove the mufflers, you just have to remove the screws at the swim platform and remove the rubber exhaust sleeve and they will just slide out. I will make sure to document that when I do it. It wont be until we get ready to put the motor back in.

The following users liked this post:
techman (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix

Also do not forget when you pressure tested the headers it only means they are good right now, if they are the early ones it really is not if its when they go. Its not fun when you find that out.
I would like to get rid of the y pipe to allow all of the exhaust to exit out of the tails, but man... those exhaust tubes that connect the header to the tailpipe are nuts brand new $$. I was going to check market place to see if there are any used ones because this is the time to do it with the engine out, but found some issues yesterday that are going to take up more than the budget I had planned. B.O.A.T..
Old 12-13-2022, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Christy
Dallas,

For reference, we are right at 76MPH GPS in our PQ280/496HO/M1ProCharger/Bravo28P. We had some injector issues that I think we bought with the boat that had devolved into an almost depressing ride. Once we got that sorted out, we are seeing 76MPH @ 5000RPM. I'd think you should easily be able to reach that with yours. Keep diggin'. It's in there.

Thanks. Brad.
(937)545-8991
Pretty sure it was just my prop shaving speed because it was so roughed up. Dropped mine off at Cool Breeze at LOTO when I was there yesterday to get worked. Looking forward to next Spring!

I hit 73 in the shootout, and there was still more if I had a longer stretch of water.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:46 AM
Registered

These mufflers attach to the swim platform with screws, so nothing to hang on to on the other side
Good to know. I was told by the factory that the boarding ladder is held is with bolts and removing them is a bear. I assumed the mufflers were attached the same way.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:01 AM
Registered

Got the engine all loaded up to head north to my brother in laws shop for a full top end refresh. It made it there safely yesterday evening. I plan on cleaning up the bilge and putting a fresh coat of paint on it sometime early March to prep for the engines return. Hoping to have everything back together for the spring Harbor Hop at LOTO the first weekend in May.

The following 3 users liked this post by DallasBAJA:
105Fountain (12-28-2022), dykstra (12-28-2022), techman (12-28-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.