Registered

Received 148 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
you testing @ Perry ?
yessir.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 267 Posts

Check the Mercathode system for power. Fused (20A) off the starter usually. Corrosion is likely from an underwater electrical leak nearby. Not likely corrosion from just being in the water at LOTO.
Old 04-27-2022, 04:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
Check the Mercathode system for power. Fused (20A) off the starter usually. Corrosion is likely from an underwater electrical leak nearby. Not likely corrosion from just being in the water at LOTO.
Im assuming the 525EFI has this system? I plan on taking the boat out on Sunday to do some testing before taking it to LOTO next weekend for the Harbor Hop and can check.

Thanks for the input.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:30 AM
Registered

Had a nice test run this weekend. It was windy out tossing the bow of the boat around trying to maneuver in the marina, but once we got out on the open water it was perfect.

It appears one of my light blue butterfly caps on my CMI headers is leaking, but other than that, no issues to report before coming to LOTO this weekend.

Quick vid of her running this weekend.

Old 05-02-2022, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 140 Posts

Congrats
Old 05-09-2022, 09:27 AM
Registered

Had ourselves a renaming ceremony at LOTO this weekend the last D got a little wonky when i trimmed it to fit over a snap for our cover. The boat ran great all weekend, only caught air once and the truck did a great job towing in back and forth. Looking forward to summer!

The following 2 users liked this post by DallasBAJA:
105Fountain (08-29-2023), 1983ScarabIII (05-09-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 08:27 AM
Registered

A friend of mine Brad Harrington is going to get out on the water with me to make sure I am driving the boat correctly. I cant seem to get over 68 MPH even with a light load. I talked to the previous owner and he stated he wasnt able to either, and he bought this boat brand new.

Thinking about purchasing a scan tool to check the engine out and see what RPM ranges were hit throughout its life. I am wondering if my RPM gauge is off or potentially the throttle body is not adjusted properly and it isnt opening all of the way. With the previous owner buying it new, I would have to think something was wrong from the factory, but who knows. I tried to contact Fountain to get the test slip and didnt get a response back. Of coarse this would just be me being an inexperienced boat driver and I am doing something wrong.

The plan is to run at the shootout, maybe go out a couple more times with the kids then pull the engine to rebuild the top end. Doing a full top end rebuild and not just springs and rockers.

There is another thread on the forum where the guy was down on power and it was a bad injector, just got me thinking. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, or if anyone has a scan tool that they could bring to the shootout if they are coming. I bought a slip at captain rons and will be down there from Tuesday the 22nd to Monday the 29th.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

What prop/ rpm/ drive ratio? Also on trailer make sure you know where neutral is on drive tabs so you know for sure how much you are trimming it.

Originally Posted by DallasBAJA
A friend of mine Brad Harrington is going to get out on the water with me to make sure I am driving the boat correctly. I cant seem to get over 68 MPH even with a light load. I talked to the previous owner and he stated he wasnt able to either, and he bought this boat brand new.

Thinking about purchasing a scan tool to check the engine out and see what RPM ranges were hit throughout its life. I am wondering if my RPM gauge is off or potentially the throttle body is not adjusted properly and it isnt opening all of the way. With the previous owner buying it new, I would have to think something was wrong from the factory, but who knows. I tried to contact Fountain to get the test slip and didnt get a response back. Of coarse this would just be me being an inexperienced boat driver and I am doing something wrong.

The plan is to run at the shootout, maybe go out a couple more times with the kids then pull the engine to rebuild the top end. Doing a full top end rebuild and not just springs and rockers.

There is another thread on the forum where the guy was down on power and it was a bad injector, just got me thinking. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, or if anyone has a scan tool that they could bring to the shootout if they are coming. I bought a slip at captain rons and will be down there from Tuesday the 22nd to Monday the 29th.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What prop/ rpm/ drive ratio? Also on trailer make sure you know where neutral is on drive tabs so you know for sure how much you are trimming it.
Prop is a 28P Bravo
I am able to hit about 4900-5000 without trimming the drive, once I start trimming I have seen 5200 on the gauge.
Its a Bravo XR so should be 1.50 ratio, I have not taken anything apart to confirm for sure.
I typically get on plane and without any drive trim get to 60-62 MPH. Then I will start trimming until I start shaving off speed and cant seem to get anything over 68.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,194 Likes on 1,425 Posts

so what do you think it should be running ? 5200 @ 68 with that prop might be all it has, I think the limiter is set @ 5350 on that engine
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (08-10-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.