48ec props >

48ec props

Notices

48ec props

Old 09-29-2024, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 48ec props

Hi all. I have recently completely refurbished my Fountain 48EC. I am the third owner and would like to know what kind of props the boat initially had. I have big difficulties to keep her on plane bellow 30s.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,227 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Gecof1
Hi all. I have recently completely refurbished my Fountain 48EC. I am the third owner and would like to know what kind of props the boat initially had. I have big difficulties to keep her on plane bellow 30s.
Gecof1,

I think you'll find that normal. We have a PQ280, and I can barely keep it on a plane, Tabs all the way down, drive tucked all the way under, running alongside a buddy in his pontoon, with him a WOT, @ ~26GPS (we did it once, just to see).

Thanks. Brad.

Last edited by Brad Christy; Today at 05:06 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 61 Posts

Maybe I missed it but what setup? We have good friends that had one and sold it a few years back, triple Yanmar boat with Arneson's on it What is your setup? Diesels or gas? Someone here should chime in.
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Maybe I missed it but what setup? We have good friends that had one and sold it a few years back, triple Yanmar boat with Arneson's on it What is your setup? Diesels or gas? Someone here should chime in.
The setup is triple yanmars 440 with 1.28 twin disc gear ratio currently propped with triple same 6blades 26inch pitch props. Claim to be Hering
Old Today, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 61 Posts

I found this doing a search and test results.... seems to be roughly what may have been standard for the Yanmars.
  • Props: Rolla 181/2x26 6-blade s/s