ruff water? >

ruff water?

Notices

ruff water?

Old 12-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ruff water?

I went to the N.Y. boat show this weekend and I took a look at the set up of Fountains, now I've got a few questions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the new 35' executioner a rough water boat like the sales guy says?

Is it possible for the 35' to go 79 mph with twin 496 ho's?

Is Fountain the "Mercedes Benz" of the boating industry?

THanx in advance guys and any other info would be great to know.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:31 AM
29Fever

In my opinion Fountain is the Mercedes Benz of production boats. I think they make a fast, efficient hull in smooth water. I also think there are many other manufactures that make a better hull for rough water.

The fit and finish is usually exceptional on a Fountain and put together with quality materials. I think their recent price decrease makes it even easier to think Fountain. I sold my 29' last summer and now have a Baja. I was looking for performance and room. Believe me I sacrafied alot in the performance area for the room, but it makes more sense for me to have the Baja for a while. We have a six month baby on board. There is no reason to be running 80 on the Ohio river with the baby. Now next year when she is a little older...

Tim

Old 12-31-2002, 10:05 AM
ROUGHSTUFF

I am no expert on fountains, but if your not totally sold on one take a look at a 35 Sonic or 37 AT!

Old 12-31-2002, 10:44 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sales guy is Blowing Smoke up you a$$.......all salesman tell you there boat is it, well the boat needs to meet your needs as a boater! different people need different things. you want a rough water boat? then Fountain aint it! you want a fast boat then they might fit your needs. Look at everything dont rule any one brand out becouse a sales guy tells you his is all that and a bag of chips!!!I dont try to bash any brand becouse everyone likes there boat for one reason or another. If you spend nights sleeping on your boat you need to consider the cabin and the girly ammenities they make all the differance. If it was me I would look at Sonic,Baja, Active Thunder, and if money is'nt an issue Black Thunder and OuterLimits....my.02
Old 12-31-2002, 10:47 AM
envision

I agree with 29Fever. My new 29 Fever is rougher riding than my 26 foot conventional 24 degree Envision It is also 12 mph faster with the same horse power. Take your pick.

Those 35 Executioners seem like a pretty good deal ($139?) but still out of my price range. I'm sure it would be smoother riding just because it's longer and heavier.

Old 12-31-2002, 12:43 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys, I have been considering 31'sonic, the 32' sunsation, and the 32' active thunder for a while now and never even considerd fountain till the show. The 35' executioner seems to be alot of boat for the money that is why I had to consider it.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Registered

Right now I boat in the L.I. Sound, it can get a little choppy but I might eventually go to the south shore which is the ocean. Thats why I am a little concerned.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

Fountains are good rough water boats - that's why they are always up front in the races. Outerlimits is godd rough water boat and so is cigarette. Dyno - I have to disagree with you on the sonic - they porpoise all the time. Don't buy a performance boat with 496's - it looks good at purchase price time, but you will own it forever - everybody wants 500's and soon the 525's. Yes they are expensive - but worth it on re-sale. Plus there is nothing worse than buying a new boat and have someone pass you the first time out. With 525's the 35 fountains are fast! Even better go with the 38 and be done - even faster and really handles the big chit.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of monthes ago there was a post comparing the single step 35 to the twin step. Two seperate people had test drove both models and both people said the single step was better in rough water.

Test drive every boat that you are remotely interested in and make a decision based on that. I would agree that its more than worth it to step up to the 500s or 525s.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Registered

I own a 1997 35 classic. They are great boats. There are probably better rough water boats but as mentioned above you have to give up speed. For the size and the weight of the boat it rides great. The only way that boat is going to go 79 is on a trailer. I would think 75 to 76 on GPS for the 496's. I made the mistake of under powering mine. Go with the 500's or 525's. The 496's come with a cast crank which isn't the best for supercharging. I read a post a while back that the 35 could be had with 500's for 139,000.00. Take your time and water test any boat before you buy. It never hurts to compare.

Happy shopping,
Dan

If you go with the Fountain make sure it has the K-Planes.

Quick Reply: ruff water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.