Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Few Fountain Questions >

Few Fountain Questions

Notices

Few Fountain Questions

Old 01-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like its been run haed and put away wet so to say. the upolstry is not fountain and actual looks like a below par quality to many puckers an such. i personelly would rather spend a few extra dollars and by something nice then buy something beat up. believe me after your done you'll have the same money in it and miss out on the time to boat while repairs are being made. been ther done that. ask me about a searay i bought out of florida just needed alittle work (joke)
later
Dave
Old 01-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well considering my choices are limited as is, I spoke to the sales dude at Trenton marine
his 1988 ICBM has twin 420s' and said they are tired, maybe a season or two out of them and they are done.
Has standard Merc Gil exhaust on that boat, 420's TRS drives, porta potti and that is it
EC (extended cockpit model)
Has arch
Has 2 covers
Is trentons boat NOT a broker or individual that is selling boat.
(im hoping that is good.)
Sales guy said he would be willing to take engines out and redo them if I wanted, or put headers and blowers on them ect.
anything I wanted but his price for an 88 is sort of high at 70 with no trailer
Any input?
I am going to take a small trip over on saturday to see this ICBM
but was hoping for something more power and sounds like that TOO OLD boat
Jason
Old 01-14-2003, 03:45 PM
Registered

the white boat with red and grey stripe that back4more posted is i believe 88-89 not a 90 looks to have a flat transom and the stripes are for those years. they were call 12mm. i believe in 88-89 fountain had a fire and lost the flat transom molds that is how the swim platform came about new molds to replace old destroyed one i may be wrong though i thought i read that somewere.
later
Old 01-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered

how about the 47 competion series boat any one know were that boat is know. the red one called the Dealer
later
Old 01-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Registered

Later,
I saw the "Dealer" boat for sale about three months ago in the Yacht Trader. I'm not sure if it's still in there.

Jayl13,
You may want to contact Midnight Rider and ask what his buddy has for sale. He always seems to have a few Fountains in stock.
I'll keep an eye out for you also. I take it you want a 12 Meter or an early 42?

Dan
Old 01-15-2003, 06:48 AM
Registered

yeah, with twins, but that BOOM BOOM boat im digging, but like I asked before,
can you take out the engine in the middle and glass up the hole and then you have twins with extra room in engine compartment and an extra engine and drive ect on a stand in your garage?
is that possible or suicide?
Jason
Old 01-15-2003, 07:25 AM
Registered

Jay,
Buy a triple engine boat, and remove one engine?
That's a bad idea!

Did you want spend another summer working on a boat in your driveway?

DS
Old 01-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

No not at all, but im getting ancy and already want to move up to something that my wife would want to go out on
since I dont have an enclosed head she wont sleep out overnight or anything which really F**ks up my origional plans.
If she is not with me when I go out, what the hell is the point?
And why is removing an engine a bad idea?
Spacing for trips (back 2 engines) should be identical to twins, just center is lower to not hit anything and for drive to have enough prop in the water to move.
I dont know about the integrity of the transom if there is a monster hole there that gets glassed up though. Would it be weakened or actually stronger than if there was never a third engine?
Jason
Old 01-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

i have asked this same question on the apache thread it seems that the spacing of the two back engines is the same as a side by side so yes you would be able to take the motor out and glass it up. Why would you go through the expense when there are plenty of others available. by time you factor all the glass work etc you'll probaby end up same $$$ as if you bought one correct the first time. plus all the triple engine boat have saddle tanks, and then with the triples and staggereds they move the rear seat forward 15-18" so you dont have much space behind frt seats, you will need to think about the balance of the boat now, and on and on and on. Or you can give me a call and i'll sell ya a 98 ready to go, just bring your swimmy suit and gas card.
later
Dave
Old 01-15-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

well your 98 im sure is way out of my price range
remember im not rich by any way shape or form
trying to keep this in the 350-380 a month range (wiht my baja traded in, so financing around 45 thou or so)
you want to sell me a 98 42 fountain for that much hell Ill bite,
Jason

Quick Reply: Few Fountain Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.