Old 01-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

certainly looks like it has the right stuff
later
Old 01-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There ya go...lots of bang there for the buck.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jayl13
No not at all, but im getting ancy and already want to move up to something that my wife would want to go out on
since I dont have an enclosed head she wont sleep out overnight or anything which really F**ks up my origional plans.
If she is not with me when I go out, what the hell is the point?
And why is removing an engine a bad idea?
Spacing for trips (back 2 engines) should be identical to twins, just center is lower to not hit anything and for drive to have enough prop in the water to move.
I dont know about the integrity of the transom if there is a monster hole there that gets glassed up though. Would it be weakened or actually stronger than if there was never a third engine?
Jason
Let me give you a piece of advice...this time last year I was antsy to buy a boat..couldn't find what I wanted so I ended up having a new one built and missing the season...After I had ordered the boat in february during march, april and may I constantly came across boats for sale that fit my neads. People do not start selling until it starts to warm up..be patient, in may there will be 25,000 more boats available on boat trader.

Just my $.068
Old 01-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a boat since October of 2001 and have had it in the water all of 3 hrs since I got it
Have spent 17 thou on new engines and new every god damn thing this boat had everything replaced
engines are sitting in my garage, new everything and I have to get engine #2 dyno'ed now since when I did run it she had 5 psi of oil pressure.
I know about dicking around and missing a season
so does my wife
that is why I just want something that I can get out there and USE not look like a monkey dicking around in the driveway turning wrenches just so engines can come out again and go back to the engine rebuilder a 2nd and third time.
Im sure there will be other boats out there, always is.
I just need to get it from a dealer that takes trade in's so I can just unload my baja that way and not worry about dealing with selling it myself.
dont want to be bothered with this damn thing anymore and you know what, this boat will probably run its ass off for YEARS the day I sell it.
(new engines 400 HP each, new exhaust(dry), new hell everything, gimbal rings, swivel shafts, bellows boots, shifter cables, steering cables, gauges, carpets, stereo, amps, airbrushing, refurb'ed triple axle trailer, new props, new cockpit cover, new batteries, new battery hold down boxes, all new wiring, new neon lighting in engine compartment and in cockpit, new VHF radio, new graphics, all for the low price of 30 grand
I think i will have best deal going out there but dont want to bother with sea trials and other crap and the BS these guys have to put up with people not calling them back, other people just being dicks
No thanks
just looking to trade up (own baja outright)
Von B, also it is going to take time to work on the wife, that might take until end of summer or beginning of fall
start early, never know where you might end up???
Going to see this ICBM and this other 40 fountain Trenton has for sale but I still think the are too expensive

Plus I love to poke around and see what diamonds in the rough these dealers actually have
Jason