Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Prop direction >

Prop direction

Notices

Prop direction

Old 06-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jerry, congrats on your new ride.When are bringing it down to the lake so I can check it out?
Old 06-25-2003, 06:01 PM
Curt

Originally posted by Jonas
JUST SPOKE TO LOCAL FOUNTAIN DEALER AND HE SAYS TRY EM RUNNIN IN AS WILL MAKE BIG DIFF,, HE WOULD KNOW BEEN SELLING THESE FOR A WHILE!
GONNA TRY IT WILL LET U KNOW ON A NON STEP 35 SPININ 30 BRAVO 1S TO 5100 NOW. WE WILL SEE,,
Jonas how did you make out?

Old 06-26-2003, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spinning inward picked my Lightning up
Old 06-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Curt

What did it do for you on speed and how did it effect your handling around docks etc.?

Old 06-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Switched props around this weekend to spinning out. World of difference. Boat is way more responsive when backing. Actually will spin now vs crab walking like before. A real quick 10 sec speed burst still hit 78mph. If handling changed, I didn't notice it. BTW, boat is a '99 stepped 32' with 25" Hydros.

Nothing like trying to back in slip with levers operating azz backwards!

Next hurdle..........that 50psi water pressure!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Curt

So US 1 you turned yours from spinning in to spinning out and lost no speed? I guess that challenges the theory that spinning in creates more speed doesn't it?

Old 07-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Curt

ttt

Old 07-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Curt,
Sorry. I must have passed right over this one somehow.
I don't know if I did loose any top end. I have only had the boat for a few months and believe it or not, never opend it up to see what she had with the props spinning in. I have been getting use to driving a twin with steps before I was ready to top it out. The 78mph was after I switched them to spinning out. Like I mentioned, it was only a very short bust, with not enough time to play with tabs or drive. I doubt there was much, if any more to be had. I will say that since the prop swap, I can manuever it like a charm now. So much that it is even worth a 5 mph loss if there was any! But then, 78 ain't to bad either.
Jerry
Old 07-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Curt

Thanks Jerry. What motors are you running?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Airwolf767

Default Spin em "IN"

I would spin them in. I think by spinning the props inward you will get more top end as the centerline thrust is more in tune with the center of the boat ie providing the (more) stern lift needed to pack the air in the step. The downward prop ear gets more propulsion than the ascending prop ear (asymetrical thrust/ P-factor). When backing in think of the props as thrusters position them, then use them accordingly. When you get used to it you can make it back up on a dime,,,,,I'll help you practice if I can drink all of your beer...Ha Ha

See ya at the lake this weekend?? We'll be there sat/sun

Mike

Quick Reply: Prop direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.