Fountain styling

Notices

Fountain styling

Old 07-17-2003, 12:30 PM
mrp
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain styling

Has anyone heard if Fountain is going to update their styling? (dash boards and interior) Seems to me that they are stuck in the 90's and I really noticed it at this years Chicago boat show. Even as I page through Powerboat mag it seems others have some nice styling but not the performance of a Fountain. Is it asking too much to have both?
Old 07-17-2003, 05:37 PM
Registered

Part of what I like about the Fountains is their timeless style. I personally like the dash and cockpit layout and design. They have made small refinements over the years without redesigning everything. The Fountain dash and interior is as unique as the beak, part of their character. It is this same reason that I used to like the German cars so much, now they too seem to be following suit and redesigning every few years although not as quickly as some of the Jap cars. Why does everybody like the Cig and Apache so much? Great boats and distinctive styling. Each to their own.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally posted by pachangalpina
Part of what I like about the Fountains is their timeless style. I personally like the dash and cockpit layout and design. They have made small refinements over the years without redesigning everything. The Fountain dash and interior is as unique as the beak, part of their character. It is this same reason that I used to like the German cars so much, now they too seem to be following suit and redesigning every few years although not as quickly as some of the Jap cars. Why does everybody like the Cig and Apache so much? Great boats and distinctive styling. Each to their own.
Nicely put. The clothing line is another story.
Dan
Old 07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Fountain dash is one of my favorite, it remminds me of a race car dash, no moulded crap, everything right where you can see it. Simple, yet functional. The same can be said for Cig, I really like the dashes of the Gladiator.

The boats all remind me of a sports car, low freeboard and no BS.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Reggie needs to mix up the colours alot, I like the multicoloured interiors of the Cigs and OLs, Imagine a Fountain with a orange interior!!...or all yellow...wild!.....I like the dash, they're timeless. but a spot to mount a simple cd deck IN THE DASH!!! would be SO MUCH SIMPLER than a deck in one spot and a six pack changer in another and a stupid remote to operate it all that doesnt do all the functions that the deck can do.......gimmie a BREAK!!!.......IN THE DASH!!!!!.......And MY GOD couldnt they add some sort of integrated steps for foredeck access instead of climbing on the seat and doing a ballet dance over the windshield or worse, climbing out through the hatch!!!!....Cmon Reggie this is 2003 GET WITH IT!!!!! (sorry guys, some pet peeves) but actually the majority of manufactures do a poor job on this also......all in all I wouldnt change much, I love the beek and that ass down attitude............pure Fountain............doug
Old 07-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Registered

Guess they spend too much time on tweaking the bottoms...

Last edited by Back4More; 07-18-2003 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Registered

Fountains ARE timeless. I have a '96 and it seems like every run I go on there's someone who asks if it's new.
I do recall seeing some pictures recently of dash panels with wild patterns, so maybe they're slowly following the trends.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Fever500

Has anyone noticed they aren't putting the "Dune Buggy" steering wheels on some of the new models this year? That's the only thing I don't like about my interior.

While I'm on the subject .... Has anyone replaced their steering wheel? Where can I get a new one and do I need any kind of adapter for it to fit?

Last edited by Fever500; 07-18-2003 at 07:46 AM.

Old 07-18-2003, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Dino with the stock set up and a Momo with the hydraulic both on my 27. I think it took a standard 6 bolt pattern.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:03 AM
Registered

New dash for 04?
Attached Thumbnails Fountain styling-2004dash.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fountain styling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.