Hooked hull? >

Hooked hull?

Notices

Hooked hull?

Old 08-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooked hull?

I have my boat at the factory for alot of finish work and running problems. The boat is two months old. They told me Friday that the running problems I've been having is caused by four hooks in the hull. How could that be if Fountain blue prints all of their boats? Could their be another problem that is being covered up? Any ideas!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

poor storage support, were do you keep it on a trailer , hoist , rack ?

later
Old 08-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

I keep it on a trailer and the problems came from day one.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alli,

What kind of trailer do you have?

I am buying a new boat & some of the inexpensive trailers have alot less support than others.

My Fountain dealer uses Loadmaster & Ace Aluminum I-beam because of the cost savings compared to like a Myco.

I can't see the trailer hurting a 2 month old boat though, where are they saying these hooks are & what are they saying is causing these?
What are they going to do about your warranteed boat?

Man, keep us informed---this sounds weird.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Curt

Describe the running problems you were having.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I thought they only "Blueprinted" the bigger hulls, What size is yours?
Old 08-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Registered

PP- My trailer is a Vanguard and is a well built trailer with alot of support.

Curt- Getting on plane real slow, 62.9 mph boat with 425hp. Took forever to reach this also.No matter what gas quanity from 5-60 gallons. Have three people in the boat and it was a high 50's boat. Also, no feel of accelleration in the mid range. Every prop tried on the boat came out to 26-27% slip. Porpoised like crazy at top end.

Ray-It's the 27'

Last edited by Alli-Runner; 08-18-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your problems. However, a hooked hull will actually get on plane faster. Dont you have a higher than normal X dimension? If so that would explain the high slip numbers.

Ron
Old 08-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Registered

Ron,
Well I'm guessing the mutiple hooks are affecting the holeshot. Fountain is repairing the boat as we speak and should be done Wed. I can't complain about the customer service though. Spoke with Steve in Warranty about my issues and the next day he sent a truck to get my boat. When he got the boat it was confirmed something was really wrong. Found the four hooks! Yes the x-dim is high but from speaking to other owners with the same x, they aren't experiencing the slip numbers that I am.
Chris
Old 08-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Curt

WOW! Yea you should be a good bit faster with that size boat running 425 hp. I am glad Reggie is solving your problem. I can promiss you he does not want one Fountain out there getting dusted by any other make if he can help it. I think all 27 and 29 single engine Fountains have a very high X-dimension, so planing is a problem with all of them. They will eventually lean over and then go like hell though!!!! They definitely won't be confused with drag boats that's for sure, but cruising speed and top end are usually up there with the best in the industry. Good luck Wednesday, keep us posted on the results of the fix it job.

Quick Reply: Hooked hull?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.