Proud New Fountain Owner....

Notices

Proud New Fountain Owner....

Old 09-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Proud New Fountain Owner....

Hi All,

Just needed to say that I finally realized a dream and now own a Fountain!!! I purchased a 1997 38' Fountain Sport Cruiser with Merc 525's and I absolutely love this boat. Attached is a picture....hope everyone likes it as much as I do. Although the twin steps are taking taking sometime to get use to in the turns. I appreciated the recent thread regarding turning making turns with the TS. One question I am hoping the forum can help me with is; What type of literature and instructions did you get with your boat from Fountain...I received nothing other then the Fountain zippered case and brochures from the other equipment on the boat but nothing that tells me How-To's and how things are designed, wired etc....on my Fountain. Most of them I have figured out but it would be nice to have a reference guide. I also wrote to Fountain but have not received any feedback or acknowledgment from them. What has been your experience with filling out their on-line customer service form???

I look forward to becoming an active part of this and other forums on OSO!!
Attached Thumbnails Proud New Fountain Owner....-38sc-profile.jpg  
Old 09-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Registered

Congrats! Nice boat!
With regard the instructions, Owner's Manual, that sort of thing, Fountain has a video Owner's Manual. That was what I got along with the literature on the accessories. There was a wiring diagram and a blocking diagram for properly supporting the step, too.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply....I will enjoy my new ride, only wish I lived down by you so I could use it all year round. I will be down your way next week for 4 days and might get some go and look at some boat with a friend of mine who is a blow boater..where can I see some real nice OSO boats???

BTW...Happy B-Day
Old 09-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jana,

did the blocking diagram refer to rack storage or storage on the trailer?
I assume that most trailers designed for Fountain usage have proper support. I ASSUME that...........
I am borrowing a nice Myco from my dealer until my aluminum trailer arrives. I am getting a Magic-Tilt, I noticed this trailer has support bunks up front too as opposed to some others out there.
I just want to make sure that my new 29 gets "all the support I can offer it". Heh.
Any opinions?

Sorry to go off subject Kev, congrats on your new purchase, cool boat-enjoy!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:00 AM
Registered

Congrats! She looks mint.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice! how fast?
Old 09-30-2003, 07:01 AM
Registered

Originally posted by PurePower
Jana,

did the blocking diagram refer to rack storage or storage on the trailer?
I believe it's for rack storage. It's a very simplified drawing.

Kev - Clear Lake is the place to go. The Turtle Club, the Seabrook Beach Club and Gilligan's are all popular with us OSO types.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments all... the boat under perfect conditions...right like that ever happens...is suppose to run 78-80, I have had it to 74(GPS) with 250 gals of gas, 1/2 full water tank and waste tanks and 3 people. I am sure you are familiar with the SC being a pretty heavy boat with all the amenities.

I also am in the process of getting a new trailer and most likely will be going with a Manning, nice options and it is a lot closer to me for delivery then Myco. The blocking diagram is the only other piece of equipment I received with my Fountain folder.

Thought everyone might like my Coast Guard registered name for her... STRESS MANAGEMENT!!
Old 09-30-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

Nice ride Kev, looks to be in great condition. Now you need to move south so you can use it!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

NIce Boat! You will be happy with the manning trailer, Marc does a good job nd can do any custom work you want.

Quick Reply: Proud New Fountain Owner....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.