Long Island Sound Funrun?? >

Long Island Sound Funrun??

Notices

Long Island Sound Funrun??

Old 01-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, as I said in the beginning of the thread, I am not an expert. We need to make this a team effort, let's all throw out the ideas and settle on a plan. Right now, time is something we have plenty of! This is by no means a final decision but I feel a good start would be in Patchogue area with a run east to the hamptons or shinnecock inlet and return. For those coming on trailers, a good place to launch would be Heckshire State Park. It is open to the public, has plenty of parking for trailers and is cheap...$6.00 per day. The only drawback is no overnight parking without a permit but since this is a one day deal (yes?) it should not be a factor. Most of the other launching ramps in the area require a town permit or $50.00 fee...hey, that's 25 gallons of gas! Anyone with any more launching ramp ideas?

Carney...You will have to make your way south to either the GW Bridge or the Tappan Zee and south on the Thruway to the Cross Bronx Expressway. The deal here is to plan getting thru that area (NYC) as early or late as possible to avoid traffic. I will give you a couple of ideas as the time draws near and others on the thread may have input as well. You need to know that in studying your maps you can NOT pull a trailer on any "parkways" in New York and most parkways are located on Long Island. Again, I can help you with that when we all decide on a date and place. Talk with you all soon.

GF

PS What do you figure the odds are that Reggie will join us for this little junket??
Old 01-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BTW we need to think of a name for this run. I am terrible at that stuff so how about you "creative" types out there stepping up?

G-
Old 01-11-2004, 01:53 PM
FastFountain35

once we find a name ,can we post it on the genral discusion forum to let more people know about it.

Old 01-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sounds good to me...!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:56 PM
FastFountain35

so did any one think of a name.

Old 01-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this run going to be in the LI Sound, because us guys on the ny, conn. side would like to join and going to the ocean side of LI would be real expensive........
Old 01-13-2004, 07:26 PM
FastFountain35

we have not made a final decision.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:28 PM
FastFountain35

do you have a trailer.

Old 01-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, i don't.......
Old 01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
fountainicbm#1

i would be very interested in doing this run!!!
I live in conn.

Quick Reply: Long Island Sound Funrun??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.