Fogging of Gaffrig gauges...fix. >

Fogging of Gaffrig gauges...fix.

Notices

Fogging of Gaffrig gauges...fix.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogging of Gaffrig gauges...fix.

As previously posted, I had a fogging problem with the Gaffrig gauges on my '04 29 Fever. I received responses indicating that this is a fairly common problem that people have been living with. When I spoke to Steve at Fountain customer service, he said he would gladly replace the gauges under warranty but they would most likely exhibit the same problem and they have been working with Gaffrig to come up with a solution. As we speak, the dealer is changing out the gauges and working other warranty items. I decided to contact the people at Gaffrig and received the following reply:

Gary,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The trouble you are having with the gauges can be easily corrected. If you can get me a list of which gauges are bad we will send you replacements for them. The replacements are slightly different in the way in which they are sealed so as to prevent the fogging you are experiencing. Also it should be noted that if the gauges are over tighten when they installed this could break the seal on the gauge and cause it too fog. The torque setting is listed on the side of the gauge, 4-5 inch pounds. This is just a little over turning a socket finger tight. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Ed

Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who has had similar problems. I would be interested to hear from any and all of you.

Gary