prop direction >

prop direction

Notices

prop direction

Old 01-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I lifted up from the dash since it looked the easiest way.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into it just before I put her up for the season. Looks as if the assembly lifts out from the dash as US1 says. There is plenty of room under the dash but moving the cables could be an issue without being able to move the throttle assy as well...I think. I have a 04 29 with twin SB turning in and the low speed handling is crummy but if it costs me a couple of mph by turning out I am not willing to sacrafice the speed...just me. I am going to swap the props and run it in reverse to see what happens, I will post the results.

G-
Old 01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Registered

I pulled the sticks as well. It can be done from underneath, but it would require a ninety-degree phillips screwdriver to pull it off.
There is a Mercruiser tool available to verify that the cable adjustments are still correct. Mine were still correct according to the tool, and I verified it by shifting gears while on the hose.
I should be putting the boat in the water tomorrow. Results to follow.

Last edited by rouxsterre; 01-30-2004 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looking forward to hear the results...I am especially interested in the Merc tool, do you have a part #?

What's a westcoast boy doing with a "Pats" avatar??

Good luck tomorrow...as usual, the Giants let me down again.

G-
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

The part # on the tool is 91-12427
I was born and raised in Gloucester, MA - hence the Patriots loyalty. We suffered long enough.

I may not have the boat in the water today. Had to pull the batteries yesterday, and don't have them back in yet. I'm going through my winter checklist - cleaning, fluids, plugs, grease fittings, etc. The season doesn't end here, it just slows down some.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Registered

The results are in.
Seemed much more responsive in close-quarters handling.
Time to plane – about the same.
Running WFO, in the same conditions (wind and water, trim and tab) that could have induced a chine-walk spinning out, the tendency was much more toward stability than instability, if that makes sense.
Indicated (non-gps) top-end, with a freshly-topped tank and two people aboard, was 79 mph. With another pass or two, I could possibly have tweaked another mph.
Pretty consistent with previous numbers.
High-speed (70+) turns in a one-to-two foot wind-blown chop, felt quite a bit less sketchy.

I’m going to leave them spinning out.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds just about like my results.
Also leaving mine spinning out.

Becurious as to how it would respond around the docks with a Bravo1 prop. A buddy has 3 blades on his Formula, and he can liteterally spin it in on the spot.

I haven't been able to acheive that feat, so figured it was the Hydro props traits?

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-01-2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have both bravo 1 and hydro's around the docks seems very similar to me, i have labbed 30 bravos and labbed 28 hydros and the hydros just work better all around with my non step boat, and speed is within 1 mph.. but in the rough the bravos seem better and flat the hydros.. why it feel this way i have no idea..
non step 35 lighning with 550hp 502's gps 84 ish + - depending on peple load etc tried spinnin both ways and will not spin in as the boat feels too unsettled at speed. love the way it handles / feels spinnin out.

jonas
Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

That 'feeling' is what I noticed as well. Seems like the tendency is much more toward stability than instability, even with the tabs to the up-stops running WFO. Seems like the bow rides slightly lower, and I can trim the drives higher. I really like the change.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

Default Re: prop direction

i have switzed mine to turn out bord helps docking a lot sences the blade that swings down has moor throst than the up swing blade, hince moves the center line of throust, out giving moor leverage, speed i gained abuot 3mph chin is bad around 90 95mph, prop blow out is bad at 30mph sharp turns . so make wide turns trimded down, tabs up run your shifters in revurse it wont heart anything if you like the performance then change. shifting have fun

Quick Reply: prop direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.