Full Cover for 32 Fountain >

Full Cover for 32 Fountain

Notices

Full Cover for 32 Fountain

Old 01-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Cover for 32 Fountain

Looking for a Good Condition Full Cover for a 32 fountain. Any out there. Wanting Blue
Old 01-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

theres some good one on the net just look around. i bought one for a 35 for 300.00 new, i keep it on it when its in the slip to keep bird and spiders out. its heavy and good quality for the price i will try to find it again.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

Thanks Johnnyboatman where do you boat in oklahoma. We were at Grand lake until last year.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default full cover

Johnny...BM
Where did you find a full cover for 3 bills was it a one time thing or was it a company...
Bob
Old 01-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Registered

Default Re: full cover

Originally posted by blownincome1
Johnny...BM
Where did you find a full cover for 3 bills was it a one time thing or was it a company...
Bob
I'd be interested also.
Dan
Old 01-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i did a search, i think it was boatcovers.com. they were out of florida. im trying to figure out where. my friend also bought one i will see if he remembers
johnny marshall. we boat on texoma, we have a place at buncombe creek.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just so you don't think you are getting ripped off by your canvas maker, it would take nearly 50 yards of acrylic to make a cover with skirting for a 32 footer. The shop cost of material alone would be close to $600.

Acrylic is rot resistant, breathes well but leaks a bit.

Canvas (cotton) rots quick but breathes well and shrinks when wet to become very water proof.

Watch out for material that doesn't breathe like vinlys or have vents put in. Try to get a cover that has a rise in the middle to make water run off (a pole in the middle is a pain but...).

You can trailer with the cover on only if was made to do so, these universal covers probably won't be able to.

Just my $.02

F
Old 01-21-2004, 01:05 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fountainclimber......... I read earlier that you have experience in the upholstery field. What would be your recommendation on the type of fabric to use for a whole boat cover???? Thanks for your $.02 (not for towing, just for outside summer storage) maybe nylon with elastic around the bottom?
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 01-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Acrylic is the best material to use for life expectancy but it would have to be re treated every 2-3 years. I have seen a few Tyvek covers which seem like a good idea but I don't think they would last long or hold a thread.

The shop that makes it is going to be the real key because it has to lay right without letting water build up to do any good.

Boats left in the water are a real challenge because it is difficult to keep the material tight. Actually Fountains are a little bit easier because the beak holds the front of the cover in place. I would plan on using the heavy duty bungee on a hook to the boats lifting rings but you are going to get your arms wet.

Most shops will want to put snaps in the boat or wont guarantee the results. I would not. If its on a trailer, straps for shock cord about every 3 feet will work fine. Pull tight front to back. The skirting can be as long as you want to cover the sides. A rope is sewn into the bottlom of the skirting to keep it snug.

All I can say is look at their work and see if it takes care of your boat. I can't find a pix of mine but it is red acrylic held on with bungee cords to the trailer with a 1 foot skirting. It is trailerable but I usually take it off.

$.50 worth.

F
Old 01-21-2004, 07:44 AM
Registered

JohnnyBoatman I will be at Texoma memorial day weekend at tanglewood resort lets meet up if possible. My 32 will be docked at Highport marina.

Quick Reply: Full Cover for 32 Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.