Bimini top

Notices

Bimini top

Old 02-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimini top

Anyone out there have a factory installed bimini top on a 27 - 32 Fever? I am having one made for my twin 29 and would love to have any pics or info about the factory setup. Especially location of the hardware, frame design and length of the actual top. Canvas guy measured 7'6" to cover the back seat on my 29 with NO idea on where to store the thing when not in use. I really hate to leave it folded back but with twins there is zero room in the aft compartment and nothing practical up front. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

G-
Old 02-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fountain bimini is way heavy duty. It is all stainless tubing and uses tubing front and rear support tubes. Either I was missing them or they were optional but there are brackets to mount extra tubing braces between each of the bows in the top.

I can barely lift it up into the boat from the ground.

There is nowhere to store it on the boat except in the up position. I can't see where a custom made one would fit in the engine compartment unless it was tiny.

Nylon straps would lighten it up a lot but it would flex and bend more at speed.

Do not even think of one of the cheap two piece bow ones unless you only want to use it when parked. A custom shop should use a single 7/8 aluminum tube for each of the bows.

I replaced the two rear cleats with these to keep from getting caught getting in and out of the boat.

F
Attached Thumbnails Bimini top-mount.jpg