Notices

5 Bladed Props

Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

502k,
I got the number from the performance sheet, should that not be the same??
Old 03-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fountaineer,
What is your X dimenssion?? It seems like you should be in the mid 90's, no? Thats alot of power...

Last edited by nolimits; 03-30-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered

To be honest, I do not know my X dimension. I do know that the X dimension on my 97 is lower than the later models. Reggie got a little more aggressive as time went by.

No limits, how does your boat get up on plane?
Old 03-30-2004, 08:16 PM
502KC

Fountaineer,

Getting on plane in Tahoe is not too bad. I get alot of blowout in Tahoe if I get aggressive out of the hole. But I am pretty easy on it out of the hole, so I can keep it hooked up till she rolls over. The low and mid end of the whipple really helps. But in general, four people, full of fuel is reasonable. I don't experience the blowout at sea level, a little curious why?

Also, you should be able to get your performance report by giving the factory your hull ID. This will give you your x-dimension. The rumor is when Reggie switched from lefty hydros to the righty Bravos he raised the x-dim to get the speeds back up. This happend in 2001.

In Tahoe, what RPM's are you spinning with your 26? How often do you boat up here?

Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fountaineer,
The boat planes ok. I ease it to somewhere between half and three quarter throttle until the nose is up and then ease back when she starts to lunge foward. She sits right moments later. I'm never in a rush to pop the boat out, so maybe I am a little conservative.

A buddy of mine drove it and commented that he felt he had to give more throttle than he would have thought. But then again he is running a blower motor about 830 hp... So I just discounted his thoughts to what he is used too.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:55 PM
Registered

502KC,

UP at Tahoe it's kind of a dog getting on plane. It takes about 4000 RPM to get it "over the top" and start planing. Once I start planing everything is fine. My speedo reads 80 at the lake, with my RPM around 5100. What is your RPM?

The boat is normally at the Lake during all of August and half of September. Where on the Lake are you?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Registered

No Limits,

I am definitely conservative also when getting up on plane. At sea level I usually nose over around 3100-3500 RPM.

What RPM do you show when nosing over?
Old 03-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Not sure, my 1 hour behind the wheel was about feel. I know I need to pay attention to RPM's more and will in a few weeks when I splash again..
Old 04-01-2004, 09:53 PM
502KC

Fountaineer,

I am on Tahoe all summer, live in Truckee. Last year was buoyed on the west shore by Hurricane Bay. This year may be the same, not sure yet. How about you?

I am running around 5200-5300 at WOT. Have seen 75.9 on GPS, but 74.5-75 GPS is the average. My speedo was broken last year, and replaced it with a Digital Gaffrig GPS speedo. The Gaffrig and my handheld are with 0.5 mph.

Your numbers are what I feel my boat should be running. Our boats should be essentially the same hull, possibly the same x, and our HP is in the same range.

Do you get any listing due to prop torque? I get quite a bit when not using much trim. Tabs help, and when trimmed out, the list pretty much goes away.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:55 AM
Registered

502KC,

We're on the South Shore.

The way I see it, we are really close in speed. If my Gaffrig speedo is reading 80, the actual speed is probably 78. We're probably within 2 mph of each other.

I don't see too bad of a listing problem. I usually keep my tabs set on 3, which keeps the tabs about level with the bottom at the stern. I don't lose any speed at this setting, but it sure helps with stability at full throttle.

I usually set my drive at around 4, and don't see a difference in speed if I set is any higher. What are your typical settings?

Maybe I'm just expecting too much when it comes to getting the boat on plane, but it sure seems like it coule be better. I'd like to sit in your boat and compare the two to see if there is a difference.

Quick Reply: 5 Bladed Props

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.