Mid Summer's Peconic Boat Blast

Notices

Mid Summer's Peconic Boat Blast

Old 05-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mid Summer's Peconic Boat Blast

Reread the LI Sound funrun thread in it's entirety. Looks like Tricky919 was the only respondent from the western sound area...Westchester I believe. Other than that, it was only myself from Port Jeff and the guys from the South Shore. That said, it looks like I will be joining the Babylon boys for this run since it is less fun to run solo from PJ to plum gut. Still like to hear from anyone in my area who is interested...we have six weeks. Hope you all enjoy the weekend!

GF
Old 05-29-2004, 04:58 PM
Registered

Nolimits: Algonac, MI, GLSCS race. http://www.silvercupseries.com/algonac/algonac_home.htm
Old 05-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Exclamation Re: Mid Summer's Peconic Boat Blast

Who said any thing about brains?? we got boats ,don't we?? just kidding,I've gone north once,its easy,i like getting to my destination early so i can fix something Tripps
Old 05-29-2004, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey tripps, Don't jinx yourself. The only thing we want to see you fixing is drinks.
What's this maybe zz and I can come???
One of your boats gotta be running! Between the two of you, you have 3 or 4, right? Hell, I know your back up boat is bigger than my only. You'll be there...
Old 05-30-2004, 01:05 PM
Registered

Ok, Gentlemen, I'm back on station here in Quogue, LI.

I have uploaded two maps.

http://www.wetpits.com/images/peconic.jpg is the route from Shinnecock Canal to Shelter. Pretty much a no-brainer. The only funky point can the the "South Race" South of Robin's Island, WPT 062 on the map. That tends to have odd currents, and one can get in trouble when trimmed all the way out ... and whoaaa!

http://www.wetpits.com/images/roundshelt.jpg is the route round Shelter. You can take it either way ...

Big files. For reference only, not for navigation, has not been checked this season.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:23 PM

Is there a definite day yet? I need to fill in my calender.

- Vinnie
Old 06-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Vinnie,
The date is July 10th with the rain date being July 11th.

Some reasoning:
That weekend is in between 4th of July and the 17th which is the Atlantic City Poker run. Sunday the 11th while it works better than Saturday for some is the busy day over at Claudio's. Combine the busy day with the fact that this weekend is Tall Ship weekend(tall ships in the slips = limited dock space), the target day becomes Saturday the 10th.

Time:
The arrival time really should be between 11 and 11:30. I am going to suggest that we all target 11 AM and spend time waiting for opening at 11:30 by talking, taking pictures etc. I understand that they get busy at 11:30 with boats. Earlier the better. Shooting for noon is a mistake......

Lastly, read the opening post for the most recent info.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:47 AM

Sunday would be much better for me also but i guess we all have to live with the group made decision. Also ealrier is def better for dock space.
Steve how did your boat run? Do you like the 28? If you want to do any custom prop work just let me know ... maybe we should make your 26 a 27. I have your windshield molding but no seat motor or speedo yet.

- Vinnie
Old 06-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Sat. decission is out neccesity more than anything else. Besides the above posted reasons, remember to that if it rains on Sat. we still have Sun. If we schedule for Sun. and it rains we're done for..... I do know Sunday is easier for you though..... I really hope it works out.

Onto the Boat:
The prob was solved, no more breakup at higher RPM's. Guess the bent fuel line was the prob. Nice find and fix. The speedo is NOW WORKING. No idea what happened, but it just started to work. ????? The 28 cruises better, slower out of the hole and slower mid range punch than the 26. I think it is the prop to be tuned though (26 hits 5400 rpm), and I think sending it out to Merc. is probably the thing to do. Let me know when the seat motor is in and we will schedule the "fix all" date.... Thanks for your help and the 10:30 pm boat delivery. What a guy!!

Steve
Old 06-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Saturday is a very good plan (for all the reasons above.)

Quick Reply: Mid Summer's Peconic Boat Blast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.