Fountain Windshield

Notices

Fountain Windshield

Old 03-16-2005, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain Windshield

It can be done in a variety of colors both transluscent and solid. The rage is still the luminescents, which give you, for example, a blue that won't give you a headache to look through but the edqes absolutely will glow with a deep blue. Cigarette uses them We did Nor-Tec's latest 39 with it and you can see what I mean - stunning!
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Windshield-nortec.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm interested in more info on the painted or doing mine in blue - you must have to be very careful not to chip or scatch the w/s after.?? what about paint flex? Acrylico - have you made these unit's???
Old 03-16-2005, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We rarely paint them although acrylic is pretty good with paint. If you go this route I recommend roughing up with a brillo pad, then use Bulldog prep plus a flexible primer from Semco (used on car bumpers)- over that you can pretty much put anything, even Awlgrip.
We made the Nor-Tec 39 and you can see how a detail like this can set off a boat! It was Nil's idea. He had been using the green but for some reason it doesn't come in luminescent, so when we showd him the blue he used it on the windshields and other accents. We were going to use it on the head door but ran into issues of privacy
Isn't the windshield that you're talking about flat?
On the chipping it's not an issue any more than other acrylics. The great enemy is crazing and by pre annealing it's not that bad.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh yes, although we're a recent startup company in the area of fastboats, we have some experience with windshields. My other company makes most of the windows for the US Army's helicopters: Apache (not the boat) Blackhawk (Not the boat), Huey, Jolly Green Giant, etc. We also make canopies and windshields for the Air Force's T-37's among other fun stuff.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Acrylico could you give me a price for all winshield panels for a 35 fountain ..
Old 05-21-2005, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Do you have a picture? I take it that it has the frame and you want to replace the acrylic. We usually duplicate the existing windshields because we haven't made enough of them to have the patterns. Biggest problem is freight.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AcryliCo
Do you have a picture? I take it that it has the frame and you want to replace the acrylic. We usually duplicate the existing windshields because we haven't made enough of them to have the patterns. Biggest problem is freight.
Its 4 pieces of flat ..looks like 3/8 thick . Edges have a smooth semi rounded edge to them.
Wouldnt plexi/lexan be better than acrylic ? My experience with acrylic is that its brittle, tends to crack easy..
I assume if I sent you the peices to you , you could recreate them?

Last edited by Pantera1; 08-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I had a 2002 42 lightning that I put the new half windshield on in 2003. I still have the original windshield in a box. I can work something out if someones interested.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh yea, flat windshields are much easier to ship. Yes, we can duplicate them right down to the hole positions and the bullnose edge. A guessimate on price depends on the material but it would be in the ballpark of $400.00 plus freight.
I could go on and on about materials. Plexi (acrylic) shouldn't crack if all edges are properly sanded and polished - even the ones that you don't see; and the holes have rubber or vinyl bushings in them.
Lexan is a polycarbonate and while more impact resistant it scratches easily, absorbs moisture, goes milky and the selection of colors is . There is a Lexan MR10 which is pre-hardcoated so if there are no bends in the windshield is a good choice but pricey.
Acrylics also have these new luminescent colors which really light the edges and look like a million bucks. The green and the blue are OK, the others might give you a headache if you have to look through them too long.
We also anneal even the flat plexi windshields to preclude crazing.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Any pictures of how it turned out my windshield cracked on my 35

Quick Reply: Fountain Windshield

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.