anadized cup holders

Notices

anadized cup holders

Old 06-29-2004, 05:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: anadized cup holders

Thanks for the pic FC, I will give Fred a call and see what the deal is on colors, material and price. BTW, how is the Vortech working out? I never saw any before and after performance info...inquiring minds want to know! Have a good 4th.

G-
Old 06-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

G,

I went through the whole engine while it was out so I am still breaking it in. I put a 30 B1 on it and getting on plane and acceleration is great and 70 is easy. Top end is up but I haven't let it run long enough to get a number. My boat always reached top rpm way before top speed and you just wait until it catches up.

I am disappointed in cruising speed with the 30. I actually lost speed at low rpms like the 26 gave 30 mph at 2900 while the 30 gives 32 mph at 3200. I was shooting for 60 at 3500 but 55mph turns out to be 4000. Lots of slip.

I have a buddy with a 32 that I want to try and I am trying to find someone who has tried a Maximus 5 blade. I hate guessing on size at $900 (?) a piece.

Otherwise, the engine runs great. The blower noise is cool and fuel usage doesn't seem that much worse. Finally the oil temp gets up to the correct range (on the gage at least). Still have a water leak at the CMI tail piece joint but I am working on it.

Thanks for askin'

F
Old 07-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FC,

Thanks for the update. I have seriously considered the vortechs for my twin 6.2's but the expense is hard to justify. Double the pleasure, double the heartache! I am surprised to hear of he loss in mid-range cruise with the Bravo 30"...is it stock or labbed? I changed from labbed 26's to stock 28's and not only picked up top end but dramatically increased cruise (4mph) and efficiency. I hear you about having to guess at the right prop vs. the expense. I understand that Hydromotive has a very good program and tech staff with regard to recommendations and exchanges. You still have the issue of time and shipping costs. Such is the nature of our beloved sport.

G-
Old 07-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talking Re: anadized cup holders

The 30" is stock, not labbed. I can also try a 30 that repitched to a 31 and labbed but I haven't had the opportunity to run it yet. Lake Michigan rarely gives you good days for prop testing.

I just need more days off from work : -)

Sombody at an other site said the Maximus 5 blades aren't up to speed yet? No one seems to have tries them on a similar boat yet.

F
Old 07-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FC,

Agreed, prop testing is more magic than science! Have a good 4th.

G